Settlements similar to or like Galveston Bay Area
Region that surrounds the Galveston Bay estuary of Southeast Texas in the United States, within Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Wikipedia
Most populous city in the U.S. state of Texas, fourth-most populous city in the United States, most populous city in the Southern United States, as well as the sixth-most populous in North America, with an estimated 2019 population of 2,320,268. Seat of Harris County and the principal city of the Greater Houston metropolitan area, which is the fifth-most populous metropolitan statistical area in the United States and the second-most populous in Texas after the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, with a population of 7,066,141 in 2019. Wikipedia
Small but powerful tropical cyclone that caused significant destruction in the Greater Houston area of Southeast Texas in August 1983. Relatively small hurricane, its track over the rapidly growing metropolitan area contributed to its $3 billion damage toll, making it the costliest Atlantic hurricane at the time. Wikipedia
Sentences forGalveston Bay Area
- Prevailing winds come from the south and southeast during most of the year, which bring heat and moisture from the nearby Gulf of Mexico and Galveston Bay Area.
- Estimates of the death toll range from 6,000 to 12,000 people, in addition to many more on the Gulf Coast and along the shores of the bay.
- The suburbs of Fort Bend County, Texas extend through the cities of the Galveston Bay Area and beyond to form a population of 7,197,883.
- The south and southwestern parts of the county lie in the Galveston Bay Area on the shores of Trinity Bay and East Bay.
- La Porte is a city in Harris County, Texas, United States, within the Bay Area of the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown metropolitan area.
- This new terminal, in the Bay Area, quickly became the port's most important terminal.
- Texas State Highway 146 locally connects Texas City with other Galveston Bay Area communities on the shoreline.
- The Vietnamese first moved into the Galveston Bay Area in the 1970s and established shrimping businesses with borrowed money.
- The Galveston Hurricane of 1900 devastated the city of Galveston and heavily damaged communities around the bay.
- Though never truly a single, unified community, the histories of the Bay Area communities have had many common threads.
- Drilling for oil and underground water have led to severe land subsidence and erosion along the Bay Area shoreline, especially in the Baytown-Pasadena area.
- It is part of the Galveston Bay Area, which itself is a section of the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area.
- The terminal both directly and indirectly contributes thousands of jobs to the Galveston Bay Area and is a key factor in the economy of Greater Houston.
- The cattle range covered much of southeast Harris County and Galveston County covering many of the modern communities around Galveston Bay.
- An estimate said that at least 2,500 people left the Galveston Bay area; another 1,100 stayed in the Brazoria County Courthouse and 1,000 residents took shelter in public buildings in Galveston.
- The city is located adjacent to three major economic hubs of the Bay Area and Greater Houston: the Bayport Industrial District, the Battleground Industrial District, and the Barbours Cut shipping terminal.
- One of the festival's aims is to promote the Galveston Bay Area as a location for filming.
- The 36th district takes in the Bay Area outer suburbs of Houston, including Baytown, Deer Park, and La Porte.
- The depression spawned 14 tornadoes, one of which caused extensive damage in the Galveston area.
- Bay Forest is a community located in the southeast corner of Houston, Texas in Houston's Bay Area.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Galveston Bay Area