Topics similar to or like Game of the Century (college football)
Superlative that was applied to several college football contests played in the 20th century, the first full century of college football in the United States. Wikipedia
The LSU Tigers football program, also known as the Fighting Tigers, represents Louisiana State University in college football. The Tigers compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Wikipedia
American college football game played during the 1967 college football season on November 18, 1967. The UCLA Bruins, 7–0–1 and ranked No. 1, with senior quarterback Gary Beban as a Heisman Trophy candidate, played the USC Trojans, 8–1 and ranked No. 4, with junior running back O. J. Simpson also as a Heisman candidate. Wikipedia
The 2014 Florida State Seminoles football team, variously Florida State or FSU, represented Florida State University in the sport of American football during the 2014 NCAA Division I FBS college football season. Florida State competed in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Wikipedia
Sentences forGame of the Century (college football)
- This was the biggest play in what is regarded as one of the greatest football games of the 20th century.
- The 1946 Army vs. Notre Dame football game at Yankee Stadium is regarded as one of the 20th century college football Games of the Century.
- Played every Thanksgiving weekend for 71 years (from 1927 to 1998), this contest produced many memorable games – including the Game of the Century in 1971.
- The 1966 Michigan State vs. Notre Dame football game ("The Game of the Century") remains one of the greatest, and most controversial, games in college football history.
- The defending national champions were fresh off their "Game of the Century" win on Thanksgiving at No. 2 Oklahoma, and defeated the Rainbows, 45–3.
- They lost to Notre Dame in the first game for the 1946 Fighting Irish, a team that would eventually play in the 1946 Game of the Century against Army.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Game of the Century (college football)