Rivers similar to or like Ganges
Trans-boundary river of Asia which flows through India and Bangladesh. Wikipedia
Geopolitical, cultural and historical region located in South Asia, specifically in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent at the apex of the Bay of Bengal, of what is now considered as Bangladesh and West Bengal. Made up by the Ganges-Brahmaputra delta system, the largest such formation in the world; along with mountains in its north bordering the Himalayan states of Nepal and Bhutan and east bordering Burma. Wikipedia
- Hasina's first term was highlighted by the Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord and a Ganges water-sharing treaty with India.
- A modern rendering of the historical name Bharatavarsha, which applied originally to a region of the Gangetic Valley, Bharat gained increased currency from the mid-19th century as a native name for India.
- At 240 MGD, the Bhakra storage is DJB's largest water source, followed by the Yamuna and Ganges rivers.
- Major Himalayan-origin rivers that substantially flow through India include the Ganges and the Brahmaputra, both of which drain into the Bay of Bengal.
- The Ganges is navigable throughout the year, and was the principal river highway across the vast Indo-Gangetic Plain.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ganges