Topics similar to or like Gay
Term that primarily refers to a homosexual person or the trait of being homosexual. Wikipedia
Terms used to describe homosexuality have gone through many changes since the emergence of the first terms in the mid-19th century. In English, some terms in widespread use have been sodomite, Sapphic, Uranian, homophile, lesbian, gay, effeminate, queer, homoaffective, and same-sex attracted. Wikipedia
The subject of homosexuality and Judaism dates back to the Torah. Traditionally regarded as classifying sexual intercourse between males as a to'eivah (something abhorred or detested) that can be subject to capital punishment by the currently non-existent Sanhedrin under halakha (Jewish law). Wikipedia
Predominantly directed toward other men. Some bisexual and homoromantic men may also dually identify as gay men, and a number of young gay men today also identify as queer. Historically, gay men have been referred to by a number of different terms, including sodomites, inverts, and Uranians, as well as a large number of slurs, including pansy, fairy, nelly, and sissy. Wikipedia
The relationship between religion and homosexuality has varied greatly across time and place, within and between different religions and denominations, with regard to different forms of homosexuality and bisexuality. The present-day doctrines of the world's major religions and their denominations vary vastly in their attitudes toward these sexual orientations. Wikipedia
Fruit and fruitcake, as well as many variations, are slang or even sexual slang terms which have various origins but modern usage tend to primarily refer to gay men and sometimes other LGBT people. Usually used as pejoratives, the terms have also been re-appropriated as insider terms of endearment within LGBT communities. Wikipedia
Since the 1990s, the Anglican Communion has struggled with controversy regarding homosexuality in the church. In 1998, the 13th Lambeth Conference of Anglican bishops passed a resolution "rejecting homosexual practice as incompatible with Scripture". Wikipedia
Anti-LGBT rhetoric are themes, catchphrases, and slogans that have been used against homosexuality or other non-heterosexual sexual orientations in order to demean lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. They range from the demeaning and the pejorative to expressions of hostility towards homosexuality which are based on religious, medical, or moral grounds. Wikipedia
List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality. Subject of ongoing theological debate within and between Christian denominations and this list seeks to summarise the various official positions. Wikipedia
The Boise homosexuality scandal refers to a sweeping investigation of a supposed "homosexual underground" in Boise, Idaho that started in 1955. Beginning with the arrest of three men in October 1955, the investigation broadened to encompass allegations that over 100 young men and teenage boys had been involved in sexual acts with a ring of adult homosexual men. Wikipedia
Book by American psychologist Clarence Arthur Tripp, in which the author discusses the biological and sociological implications of homosexuality, and also attempts to explain heterosexuality and bisexuality. First published in 1975 by McGraw-Hill Book Company; it was republished in a revised edition in 1987. Wikipedia
Firstly decriminalized in the Socialist Republics of Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Socialist Autonomous Province of Vojvodina in 1977. In 1937 Belgrade based daily newspaper Politika published news about a young man from Central Serbia who arrived in Belgrade with his brothers to change his gender. Wikipedia
Sikhism has no specific teachings about homosexuality and the Sikh holy scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib, does not explicitly mention heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality. To have no hate or animosity to any person, regardless of factors like race, caste, color, creed or gender. Wikipedia
Term introduced by sectors of the Christian religious right (primarily in the United States) as a disparaging way to describe the advocacy of cultural acceptance and normalization of non-heterosexual orientations and relationships. The term refers to efforts to change government policies and laws on LGBT rights-related issues. Wikipedia
The field of psychology has extensively studied homosexuality as a human sexual orientation. The American Psychiatric Association listed homosexuality in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM-I) in 1952, but that classification came under scrutiny in research funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. Wikipedia
Religiously acceptable and homosexuals are allowed to participate in all religious activities. However, in countries with large Vodou populations (such as Benin, Togo or Haiti), some Christian influence may have given homosexuality a social stigma (see homosexuality and Christianity), at least on some levels of society. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Russia face legal and social challenges not experienced by non-LGBT persons. Decriminalized in 1993, homosexuality is disapproved of by most Russians, and same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are ineligible for the legal protections available to opposite-sex couples. Wikipedia
- based on a belief based on a survey by a demographic think tank on about Half of the city's population are Gay or GLBT people.
- Sanctuaries and gatherings are generally open to all, though several gatherings still focus on the particular spiritual experience of man-loving men co-creating temporary autonomous zones.
- The Apostle Rufus also reveals that Jay entertains homosexual fantasies when masturbating causing Jay to reassure an uncomfortable Silent Bob, by explaining that he does not 'always' think about men.
- The high rate of suicide among young gay people was the main reason; he jokingly referred to himself as a "retroactive role model."
- He was motivated to escape with the Doctor as he was in immediate danger of being arrested for homosexual behaviour, which was illegal in the UK until 1967.
- In a music scene dominated by corporate and video-driven acts, the Smiths' camp and bookish image stood out, and many expected the band to be the breakthrough act of the UK post-punk movement.
- Gay actor Martin Kurath (Prochnow) who is in prison develops a friendship with Thomas Manzoni (Hannawald), the 15-year-old son of the prison warden (Lüönd).
- Specialist speech programmes in the evening were aimed at London's communities: Asian, Afro-Caribbean, Jewish, Gay and Irish.
- On 19 March Lord Oxford, Lord Bathurst, Pope, and Gay dined with old Tonson at Barnes and drank Swift's health.
- From an early age, he acknowledged his same-sex sexual attraction, and came under the influence of Marxism.
- Gay men's website AfterElton placed Ianto as their seventh best gay and bisexual character in modern science fiction (encompassing television, film and comic books), with Torchwood s Jack, Ianto's love interest, receiving first place.
- Ford's next book, 1996's The World Out There: Becoming Part of the Lesbian and Gay Community (The New Press), was a handbook for people coming out and wanting to know what it means to be part of the queer world.
- Chili is impressed by singer Linda Moon and helps free her from contractual obligations to Nick Carr and Raji, who has a Gay Samoan bodyguard named Elliot, an aspiring actor and the butt of Carr and Raji's homophobic jokes.
- Gays are "fruits," "homos", and "nances;" black people are "boogies" and "jigs:" and their neighborhoods are all "Niggertown."
- Cody Bomhoff, portrayed by Alex Cooper, is Ja'mie's "GBF" (Gay Best Friend).
- Known by his friends as 'Fronny', Turville-Petre was openly gay.
- Originally only available in West Berlin, it ran with the subtitle "Berlin's monthly page for gays".
- G-men (ジーメン) is a Japanese gay lifestyle brand, and formerly a monthly magazine.
- When he asks "When you think of Canada, what's the one thing that comes to mind?", Cartman responds "Gayness!"
- Gays and lesbians continue to face discrimination and harassment in Serbia.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gay