Topics similar to or like Gay pride
Promotion of the self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people as a social group. Wikipedia
Pride parades (also known as pride marches, pride events, and pride festivals) are outdoor events celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary and queer (LGBTQ) social and self acceptance, achievements, legal rights, and pride. The events also at times serve as demonstrations for legal rights such as same-sex marriage. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Russia face legal and social challenges not experienced by non-LGBT persons. Decriminalized in 1993, homosexuality is disapproved of by most Russians, and same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are ineligible for the legal protections available to opposite-sex couples. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for same-sex marriage, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
American social justice advocacy non-profit organizing the grassroots power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. Also known as The Task Force, the organization supports action and activism on behalf of LGBTQ people and advances a progressive vision of liberation. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) people in the Philippines face legal challenges not faced by non-LGBT people. A 2014 study, titled "The Global Divide on Homosexuality", by the Pew Research Center ranked the Philippines as one of the most gay-friendly nations in Asia. Wikipedia
The Stonewall riots (also referred to as the Stonewall uprising or the Stonewall rebellion) were a series of spontaneous demonstrations by members of the gay (LGBT) community in response to a police raid that began in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Patrons of the Stonewall, other Village lesbian and gay bars, and neighborhood street people fought back when the police became violent. Wikipedia
Timeline of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history, in the 20th century. 1901 – On 8 June 1901 two women, Marcela Gracia Ibeas and Elisa Sanchez Loriga, attempted to get married in A Coruña (Galicia, Spain). To achieve it Elisa had to adopt a male identity: Mario Sánchez, as listed on the marriage certificate. Wikipedia
American lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights lawyer and activist with a rich background in political advocacy and civil rights work. Currently the program director at the Haas Jr. Fund, overseeing its work in the areas of gay and lesbian and immigrant rights. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights in the United States have evolved in recent decades. However, LGBT Americans may still face some legal and social challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents, particularly in states with large conservative populations, such as in the Deep South; in rural areas; and in some Native American tribal nations. Wikipedia
Timeline of notable events in the history of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the United Kingdom. 43 – Roman conquest of Britain begins, creating Roman Britain. Roman Britain adopted Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis, which criminalised adultery among “males” (heterosexual and bisexual oriented men) and Lex Scantinia, which penalised a sex crime (stuprum) against a freeborn male minor (ingenuus or praetextatus). The Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis may well have resulted in a widely attested wave of castrations in the Roman Empire, in order to supply sex partners who were not "male". Wikipedia
Opposition to legal rights, proposed or enacted, for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. Organizations influential in LGBT rights opposition frequently oppose the enactment of laws making same-sex marriage legal, the passage of anti-discrimination laws aimed at curtailing anti-LGBT discrimination, including in employment and housing, the passage of anti-bullying laws to protect LGBT minors, laws decriminalizing same-gender relationships, and other LGBT rights related laws. Wikipedia
During the lead-up to the 2014 Winter Olympics, protests and campaigns arose surrounding the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Russia. Concerns for LGBT athletes and supporters during the Games began as early as March 2012, when a Russian judge blocked the establishment of a Pride House in Sochi, ruling that "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relationships" would "undermine the security of Russian society", and that it conflicted with public morality and the country's policies "in the area of family motherhood and childhood protection." Wikipedia
Prominent American activist for LGBT equality. She organized the New York chapter of the Daughters of Bilitis (DOB) from 1958 to 1963, edited the national DOB magazine The Ladder from 1963–66, and worked closely with Frank Kameny in the 1960s on the first picket lines that brought attention to the ban on employment of gay people by the largest employer in the US at that time: the United States government. Wikipedia
Sentences forGay pride
- In response, Lipa said she was "proud" of and "grateful" to the people who showed their pride at the show.
- In office, Trump was the first sitting Republican president to recognize LGBT Pride Month.
- On 28 December 2014, the symbolic "Rainbow Tree" which stood for LGBTQ pride was vandalised.
- In June 2017, Pride month, Lambert was a speaker at the Los Angeles Pride march, delivering a message against hate in all its human rights presentations.
- The South Georgia Pride Festival is held every third Saturday in September.
- Mid-South Pride is Tennessee's second-largest LGBT pride event.
- Pride-themed T-shirts designed by Stevens also debuted alongside the singles.
- Later in June, the Gay and Lesbian Services Organization hosts the Lexington Pride Festival, which celebrates pride in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities and welcomes allies.
- Shaw embarked on two more successful university tours, and made appearances at Gay pride and Peace festivals.
- Noting that the breakup occurred at the end of Gay pride month, Crain's noted that FCB would be forgoing the management of NIVEA's $21.8 million U.S. advertising budget.
- Boystown, famous for its large LGBT population, holds the pride parade each June.
- In 2018, Wang partnered with Trojan to release a limited-edition "Protect Your Wang" capsule collection in support of the LGBTQ community and to celebrate Pride.
- In June 2019, Evers issued an executive order to fly the rainbow flag at Wisconsin's Capitol Building for Pride month, making it the first time the rainbow flag had ever flown above the capitol.
- Qantas also served pride cookies to its passengers.
- Charlotte Pride is an annual LGBT event held in August.
- In June 2019, Markey was one of 18 senators to sign a letter to Pompeo requesting an explanation of a State Department decision not to issue an official statement that year commemorating Pride Month nor to issue the annual cable outlining activities for embassies commemorating Pride Month.
- Berger's tweet followed the closure of a CrossFit location in Indianapolis due to the backlash it faced after cancelling a special LGBT Pride Month workout.
- In June 2012, Oreo posted an advertisement displaying an Oreo cookie with rainbow colored crème to celebrate LGBT Pride month; the cookie itself was fictional and was not being manufactured or made available for sale.
- At the same time and continuing into the 1980s, gay and lesbian social support discussion groups, some of which were called "coming-out groups", focused on sharing coming-out "stories" (experiences) with the goal of reducing isolation and increasing LGBT visibility and pride.
- In June 2019, Baldwin was one of 18 senators to sign a letter to Pompeo requesting an explanation of a State Department decision not to issue an official statement that year commemorating Pride Month nor to issue the annual cable outlining activities for embassies commemorating Pride Month.
- In June 1992, Sargent was a Grand Marshal of the Los Angeles Gay Pride parade along with Elizabeth Montgomery.
- These communities generally celebrate pride, diversity, individuality, and sexuality.
- In June 2019 Merkley was one of 18 senators to sign a letter to Pompeo requesting an explanation of a State Department decision not to issue a statement that year commemorating Pride Month or issue the annual cable outlining activities for embassies commemorating Pride Month.
- Her "A" represents pride.
- In June 2017, The Babadook trended on Twitter and was displayed as a symbol during that year's Pride Month.
- The band cited political reasons, including their outspoken opposition to increased homophobia and antisemitism in Europe, for the reunification, after which they headlined both the Pride festivities of 2013 in Copenhagen and Belgrade and several major TV shows in Sweden, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gay pride