Chinese similar to or like Gay pride
Promotion of the self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people as a social group. Wikipedia
Geographical area with generally recognized boundaries, inhabited or frequented by many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Gay villages often contain a number of gay-oriented establishments, such as gay bars and pubs, nightclubs, bathhouses, restaurants, boutiques and bookstores. Wikipedia
LGBT history dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations, involving the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world. What survives after many centuries of persecution—resulting in shame, suppression, and secrecy—has only in more recent decades been pursued and interwoven into more mainstream historical narratives. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in the United States have a long history, including vibrant subcultures and advocacy battles for social and religious acceptance and legal rights. The 1969 Stonewall riots in New York City are often cited as the beginning of the modern gay civil rights era. Wikipedia
Ethnic enclave of Chinese people located outside mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, most often in an urban setting. Areas known as "Chinatown" exist throughout the world, including Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, Zealandia and the Middle East. Wikipedia
Sentences forGay pride
- Another large festival in Albany is the Capital Pride Parade and Festival, a major gay pride event held each June, attended by an estimated 30,000 spectators annually from across Upstate New York.
- As President, Donald Trump was the first sitting Republican president to recognize LGBT Pride Month.
- Some do not subscribe to or approve of the political and social solidarity, and visibility and human rights campaigning that normally goes with it including gay pride marches and events.
- Far from being a parting quirk, the show was a surprise hit and led to the network's first coverage of the large outdoor Gay Pride event in 1994.
- To many, gay culture is exemplified by the gay pride movement, with annual parades and displays of rainbow flags.
- Some of them are street festivals, such as the gay pride Hamburg Pride festival or the Alster fair (German: Alstervergnügen), held at the Binnenalster.
- Charlotte Pride is an annual LGBT event held in August that draws nearly 150,000 revelers and spectators.
- Later in June, the Gay and Lesbian Services Organization hosts the Lexington Pride Festival, which celebrates pride in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities and welcomes allies.
- The Voice was known for its staunch support for gay rights, and it published an annual Gay Pride issue every June.
- Copenhagen Pride is a gay pride festival taking place every year in August.
- The LGBT community in the city is served by Pride Winnipeg, an annual gay pride festival and parade, and Reel Pride, a film festival of LGBT-themed films.
- "People Are People" became an anthem for the LGBT community, regularly played at gay establishments and gay pride festivals in the late 1980s.
- Lauper has been an LGBT rights supporter throughout her career, campaigning for equality through various charities and gay pride events around the world.
- The São Paulo Gay Pride Parade rivals the New York City Pride March as the largest gay pride parade in the world.
- The county is home to England's largest arts festival, the Brighton Festival and Brighton Pride, one of the UK's largest and oldest gay pride parades.
- Swift donated an undisclosed sum to the media advocacy organization GLAAD in support of Pride Month in June 2019.
- The New York City Subway system commemorates Pride Month in June with Pride-themed posters.
- Blackpool had its first gay pride celebration in 2006.
- The party affirmed the resolution with a statement a year later in honor of gay pride month in June 2006.
- There are several major annual events, such as First Night which occurs on New Year's Eve, the Boston Early Music Festival, the annual Boston Arts Festival at Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park, the annual Boston gay pride parade and festival held in June, and Italian summer feasts in the North End honoring Catholic saints.
- On June 6, 2006, Macy's downtown Boston store (formerly the Jordan Marsh flagship) removed two mannequins and the Web address of the AIDS Action Committee from a window display promoting Boston's annual gay pride celebration.
- In 2012 it began by stocking gay pride merchandise and donating half of the profits to GLSEN.
- At the same time and continuing into the 1980s, gay and lesbian social support discussion groups, some of which were called "coming-out groups", focused on sharing coming-out "stories" (experiences) with the goal of reducing isolation and increasing LGBT visibility and pride.
- Since 2004, Duluth has celebrated Gay Pride with a parade on Labor Day weekend.
- Among Seattle's prominent annual fairs and festivals are the 24-day Seattle International Film Festival, Northwest Folklife over the Memorial Day weekend, numerous Seafair events throughout July and August (ranging from a Bon Odori celebration to the Seafair Cup hydroplane races), the Bite of Seattle, one of the largest Gay Pride festivals in the United States, and the art and music festival Bumbershoot, which programs music as well as other art and entertainment over the Labor Day weekend.
- In June 2010 Clear Channel Outdoor rejected without comment two digital billboard images submitted by St. Pete Pride, an LGBT organization that sponsors gay pride events in the St. Petersburg, Florida area, leading the group to cancel its contract with Clear Channel.
- In the early hours of Sunday 4 July 2010, Michael was returning from the Gay Pride parade, when he was spotted on CCTV crashing his car into the front of a Snappy Snaps store in Hampstead, north London, and was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive.
- All branches of the forces have actively recruited at Gay Pride events.
- To combat homophobia, the LGBT community uses events such as gay pride parades and political activism (See gay pride). In August 2019, the Pride in London community took a different initiative to “show solidarity with the LGBT+ community” and colored the crossings in rainbow colors for the annual parades.
- Framed and debated as a privacy issue, coming out of the closet is described and experienced variously as a psychological process or journey; decision-making or risk-taking; a strategy or plan; a mass or public event; a speech act and a matter of personal identity; a rite of passage; liberation or emancipation from oppression; an ordeal; a means toward feeling gay pride instead of shame and social stigma; or even career suicide.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gay pride