Chinese similar to or like Gay village
Geographical area with generally recognized boundaries, inhabited or frequented by many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Wikipedia
LGBT history dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations, involving the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world. What survives after many centuries of persecution—resulting in shame, suppression, and secrecy—has only in more recent decades been pursued and interwoven into more mainstream historical narratives. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in the United States have a long history, including vibrant subcultures and advocacy battles for social and religious acceptance and legal rights. The 1969 Stonewall riots in New York City are often cited as the beginning of the modern gay civil rights era. Wikipedia
Ethnic enclave of Chinese people located outside mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, most often in an urban setting. Areas known as "Chinatown" exist throughout the world, including Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, Zealandia and the Middle East. Wikipedia
Ethnic enclave containing a large population of Indian people within a society where the majority of people are either South Asians or where the majority in the enclave are indigenous to mostly northern states in the country of India within a South Asian society not identifying as Indian. Area with a high concentration of South Asian shops and restaurants. Wikipedia
Sentences forGay village
- Philadelphia's Gayborhood, which is located near Washington Square, is home to a large concentration of gay and lesbian friendly businesses, restaurants, and bars.
- Old Compton Street is now the core of London's main gay village, where there are several businesses catering for the gay community.
- Chelsea is famous for having a large LGBTQ population, with one of Chelsea's census tracts reporting that 22% of its residents were gay couples, and is known for its social diversity and inclusion.
- Often called "P-town" or "P'town", the town is known for its beaches, harbor, artists, tourist industry, and its status as a vacation destination for the LGBT+ community.
- Throughout the country's history, certain subcultures (whether based on ethnicity or other commonality, such as the gay village) have dominated certain neighborhoods, only partially melded with the broader culture.
- It is considered one of the most prominent gay villages in the United States.
- In the 1960s their number grew rapidly and they clustered in and around a number of streets, although this was limited to bars, clubs and shops and they never became residential areas for gays, like the gay villages in the US.
- It has become North America's first gay village, and is now the center of gay life in the city.
- Lambeth is the local authority with the highest relative gay or lesbian population in the UK, at 5.5%, with the borough containing the gay village of Vauxhall and the area around Clapham Common.
- The area of South Yarra centred along Commercial Road was for several decades one of Melbourne's gay villages.
- The area of Prahran, centred along Commercial Road was one of Melbourne's gay villages, but no longer is.
- Groups that may be considered part of the LGBT community include gay villages, LGBT rights organizations, LGBT employee groups at companies, LGBT student groups in schools and universities, and LGBT-affirming religious groups.
- There is a gay village around the Canal Street area in the east of the city centre, which plays host to an annual Gay Pride Festival, and a large Chinatown with numerous far eastern style restaurants.
- They open Castro Camera in the heart of Eureka Valley, a working-class neighborhood in the process of evolving into a predominantly gay neighborhood known as The Castro.
- At the corner of Church and Wellesley Streets is an LGBT-oriented enclave in Toronto.
- New Hope became a popular gay resort in the 1950s, and continues to have an active and large gay community.
- San Francisco's gay village is mostly concentrated in the business district that is located on Castro Street from Market Street to 19th Street.
- Similarly, opposition arose in Toronto during the 2012 redistribution process, especially to a proposal which would have divided the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood, the city's primary gay village, between the existing riding of Toronto Centre and a new riding of Mount Pleasant along the length of Wellesley Street.
- A gay village (also known as a gay neighbourhood or 'gayborhood', gay enclave, gay village, gaytto, "Boystown") is a geographical area with generally recognized boundaries, inhabited or frequented by a large number of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- The neighborhood took on a bohemian feel and became popular among the gay and lesbian community.
- According to Manalansan, New York City is known to be a gay Mecca.
- Maplewood is home to a gayborhood.
- The Castro was one of the first gay neighborhoods in the United States.
- The East Village/Lower East Side area of Manhattan is also a gayborhood.
- The town is divided into many neighborhoods, including Rats Nest, Bum Town, Chinatown, Crackton, East Springfield, Greek Town, Russian Town, Junkyville, Little Bangkok, Little Ethiopia, Little Italy, Little Newark, Little Stockholm, Little Seattle, Little Ukraine, Ethnictown, the Jewish Lower East Side, Kelly Terrace, Pressboard Estates, Recluse Ranch Estates, Skid Row, Springfield Harbor, Springfield Heights, Hyperion Drive, Springshire, Tibet Town, Waverly Hills, the borough of Sprooklyn, the Lincoln Park Village Housing Project, the Flammable District, a gay district and a fast-food district.
- Many San Francisco gays also moved there in the years around 1970 from what was then the most prominent gay neighborhood, Polk Gulch, because large Victorian houses were available at low rents or available for purchase for low down payments when their former middle-class owners had fled to the suburbs.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gay village