Officeholders similar to or like George H. W. Bush
American politician, diplomat and businessman who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Wikipedia
American politician, businessman, and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as a Georgia State Senator from 1963 to 1967 and as the 76th governor of Georgia from 1971 to 1975. Wikipedia
Sentences forGeorge H. W. Bush
- Asian Americans had been a stronghold of the Republican Party up to and including the 1992 presidential election, in which George H. W. Bush won 55% of the Asian-American vote.
- Since 1989, when the custom of "pardoning" the turkey was formalized by George H. W. Bush, the turkey has been taken to a farm where it will live out the rest of its natural life.
- During the 1988 presidential election, George H. W. Bush (Yale '48) derided Michael Dukakis for having "foreign-policy views born in Harvard Yard's boutique".
- Not until 1988 did another presidential election involve a native of Indiana, when Senator Dan Quayle was elected vice president and served one term with George H. W. Bush.
- His vice president, George H. W. Bush, would become the first vice president since 1836 to be directly elected to the presidency.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: George H. W. Bush