Royalties similar to or like George VI
King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Commonwealth from 11 December 1936 until his death in 1952. Wikipedia
King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire, and Emperor of India, from 20 January 1936 until his abdication in December of the same year. Born during the reign of his great-grandmother Queen Victoria as the eldest child of the Duke and Duchess of York, later King George V and Queen Mary. Wikipedia
Sentences forGeorge VI
- Afterwards, although Churchill immediately pledged loyalty to George VI, he wrote that the abdication was "premature and probably quite unnecessary".
- A notable person to decline the offer of membership was the author C. S. Lewis (1898–1963), who had been named on the last list of honours by George VI in December 1951.
- Charles was born at Buckingham Palace in London during the reign of his maternal grandfather George VI on 14 November 1948.
- On the advice of Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, war with Germany was declared effective September 10, 1939, by King George VI, seven days after the United Kingdom.
- Edward VIII and any children by his new wife were excluded from the line of succession, and the Crown went to his brother, George VI.
- Upon hearing this, King George VI told the Indian politician Krishna Menon: "So, I've become 'as such'".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: George VI