Topics similar to or like Ghat
Ghat, a term used in the Indian subcontinent, depending on the context could refer either to a range of stepped hills with valleys (ghati in Hindi), such as the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats; or the series of steps leading down to a body of water or wharf, such as a bathing or cremation place along the banks of a river or pond, the Ghats in Varanasi, Dhobi Ghat or the Aapravasi Ghat. Wikipedia
Mountain range that covers an area of 160,000 km2 in a stretch of 1,600 km parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula, traversing the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat. UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the eight hot-spots of biological diversity in the world. Wikipedia
- Along with his beloved, Jagannatha sits at the top of the flight of steps leading to the water at the famous Panchganga Ghat in Varanasi.
- In 1838, the college moved to a wooded hillock — the present site — commanding views of the distant Western Ghats.
- Important religious places and Ghats along the course of the river, starting from its origin at Narmada Kund at Amarkantak hill;
- A map from the 1890s indicates there were then separate Ghats for women, known as Janana Ghats, but now they are abandoned.
- Lamheta Ghaat and Tilwara Ghaat are famous Ghats on the banks of Narmada River.
- These aggregations along the Ghats of Calcutta, however, declined and vanished altogether by the early 1900s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ghat