Recurring events similar to or like Glastonbury Festival
Five-day festival of contemporary performing arts that takes place in Pilton, Somerset, in England. Wikipedia
British free festival from 1974 to 1984 held at the prehistoric monument Stonehenge in England during the month of June, and culminating with the summer solstice on or near 21 June. Itself violently suppressed in 1985 in the Battle of the Beanfield, with no free festival held at Stonehenge since although people have been allowed to gather at the stones again for the solstice since 1999. Wikipedia
Music festival held at the Bath Pavilion Recreational Ground in Bath, Somerset, England, on Saturday 28 June 1969. It featured a lineup of British blues bands, including Fleetwood Mac (the headliners), John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Ten Years After, Led Zeppelin, The Nice, Chicken Shack, Jon Hiseman's Colosseum, Mick Abrahams' Blodwyn Pig and Principal Edwards Magic Theatre amongst others. Wikipedia
Incomplete list of music festivals that feature electronic music, which encapsulates music featuring electronic instruments such as electric guitar and keyboards, as well as recent genres such as electronic dance music . Many of the festivals in this list take place in the United States and Europe, though every year thousands of electronic-focused music festivals are held throughout the world. Wikipedia
Festival of arts, faith and justice held annually in England since 1974. Evangelical Christian music festival with an audience of 1,500 young people to its current form, a more inclusive festival attended by around 20,000, including Christians and those from other faiths. Wikipedia
Sentences forGlastonbury Festival
- In 1995, NME covered these new bands, many of whom played the NME Stage at that year's Glastonbury Festival, where the paper had been sponsoring the second stage at the festival since 1993.
- To take advantage of Glastonbury Festival's fallow year in 2018, 4 separate Big Weekends were held simultaneously between 25 and 28 May.
- The next month, West headlined at the Glastonbury Festival in the UK, despite a petition signed by almost 135,000 people against his appearance.
- On 25 June 2000, Bowie made his second appearance at the Glastonbury Festival in England, playing 30 years after his first.
- The UK's largest music festival Glastonbury has featured major US country acts in recent years, such as Kenny Rogers in 2013 and Dolly Parton in 2014.
- The Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts takes place most years in Pilton, near Shepton Mallet, attracting over 170,000 music and culture lovers from around the world to see world-famous entertainers.
- June 2000 was a pivotal moment in Coldplay's history: the band embarked on their first headlining tour, including a showing at the Glastonbury Festival.
- The singer-songwriter Simon Lynge is the first musical artist from Greenland to have an album released across the United Kingdom, and to perform at the UK's Glastonbury Festival.
- Rock and pop are well represented with the Glastonbury Festival archive, Harry Hammond photographic collection and Jamie Reid archive documenting punk.
- In December 2019, the Qatari World Cup officials approached the Glastonbury Festival chiefs and the organizers of the Coachella festival to plan huge desert campsites for thousands of football fans.
- The festival takes place on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the August bank holiday weekend and is the largest of its kind in the UK aside from the Glastonbury Festival.
- In 2015, West became the second-ever rapper to headline Glastonbury Festival.
- Cash wrote that his reception at the 1994 Glastonbury Festival was one of the highlights of his career.
- OK Computer was followed by the year-long Against Demons world tour, including Radiohead's first headline Glastonbury Festival performance in 1997.
- In June 2014, the band headlined the Glastonbury Festival in an attempt to attract new fans.
- In 2016, 2017, and 2018, Radiohead toured Europe, Japan, and North and South America, including headline shows at the Coachella and Glastonbury festivals.
- After making their first appearance at Glastonbury, the band went into the studio to record a second EP, titled The Blue Room.
- On 26 June 2016, Coldplay closed the final day of the Glastonbury Festival in England.
- Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 36 in May 2005, leading to the postponement of the remainder of her Showgirl: The Greatest Hits Tour and her withdrawal from the Glastonbury Festival.
- On June 29, 2014, Parton performed for the first time at the UK Glastonbury Festival performing songs such as "Jolene", "9 to 5" and "Coat of Many Colors" to a crowd of more than 180,000.
- The magazine had a relationship with the Glastonbury Festival, producing both a free daily newspaper on-site during the festival and a review magazine available at the end of the event.
- In May 2003, Radiohead embarked on a world tour and headlined Glastonbury Festival for the second time.
- They visited five continents, including co-headlining festival dates at Glastonbury Festival, V2003 and Rock Werchter.
- In June 2010, Yorke and Jonny Greenwood performed a surprise set at Glastonbury Festival, performing Eraser and Radiohead songs, while Selway released his debut solo album, Familial in August.
- The Who headlined 2015's Hyde Park Festival in June, and two days later, the Glastonbury Festival.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Glastonbury Festival