Planetary systems similar to or like Gliese 581 planetary system
Gravitationally bound system comprising the star Gliese 581 and the objects that orbit it. Wikipedia
Sentences forGliese 581 planetary system
- It detected the planets within the Gliese 581 planetary system, which contains what may be the first known rocky planet in a habitable zone, outside the Solar System.
- At least four and possibly up to six exoplanets were discovered orbiting within the Gliese 581 planetary system between 2005 and 2010.
- From 2007 to 2010, three (possibly four) potential terrestrial planets were found orbiting within the Gliese 581 planetary system.
- Discoveries made with La Silla telescopes include the HARPS-spectrograph detection of the planets orbiting within the Gliese 581 planetary system, which contains the first known rocky planet in a habitable zone outside the solar system.
- Libra is home to the Gliese 581 planetary system, which consists of the star Gliese 581, three confirmed planets, and two unconfirmed planets.
- On 27 November 2012, the European Space Agency declared that the debris disc (like that of the Gliese 581 planetary system) has "at least 10 times" as many comets as does the Solar system.
- Gliese 581d (often shortened to Gl 581d or GJ 581d) is an extrasolar planet orbiting within the Gliese 581 system, approximately 20.4 light-years away in the Libra constellation.
- Gliese 581g, unofficially known as Zarmina (or Zarmina's World), is an unconfirmed (and frequently disputed) exoplanet claimed to orbit within the Gliese 581 system, twenty light-years from Earth.
- Gliese 581c or Gl 581c is a planet orbiting within the Gliese 581 system.
- The player is sent to the Gliese 581 planetary system by the United Nations of Earth (U.N.E.) as a member of the second colonization team with the task of studying the planets for habitability.
- In September 2010, the team announced the discovery of Gliese 581g in orbit within the Gliese 581 planetary system.
- He and his team, in 2007, discovered a possibly terrestrial planet in the habitable zone of the Gliese 581 planetary system, approximately 20 light years away in the constellation Libra.
- The original flight plan was to fly to the potentially habitable Gliese 581g but due to unknown radiation levels and low fuel, the mission landed on Gliese 581f.
- The first message to reach its destination will be A Message From Earth, which should reach the Gliese 581 planetary system in Libra in 2029.
- On September 29, 2010, astronomers using the Keck Observatory proposed two additional planets, Gliese 581f and Gliese 581g, both in nearly circular orbits based on analysis of a combination of data sets from the HARPS and HIRES instruments.
- Gliese 581b or Gl 581b is an extrasolar planet orbiting within the Gliese 581 system.
- The principal investigator on the HARPS is Michel Mayor who, along with Didier Queloz and Stéphane Udry, have used the instrument to characterize the Gliese 581 planetary system, home to one of the smallest known exoplanets orbiting a normal star, and two super-Earths whose orbits lie in the star's habitable zone.
- After subtracting the signals of the previously known Gliese 581 planets, b, c, d and e, the signals of two additional planets were apparent: a 445-day signal from a newly recognized outermost planet designated f, and the 37-day signal from Gliese 581g.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gliese 581 planetary system