Topics similar to or like Global Financial Centres Index
Ranking of the competitiveness of financial centres based on over 29,000 financial centre assessments from an online questionnaire together with over 100 indices from organisations such as the World Bank, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and the Economist Intelligence Unit. Wikipedia
Location with a concentration of participants in banking, asset management, insurance or financial markets with venues and supporting services for these activities to take place. Participants can include financial intermediaries (such as banks and brokers), institutional investors (such as investment managers, pension funds, insurers, hedge funds), and issuers (such as companies and governments). Wikipedia
Area of central Dublin and part of the CBD established in the 1980s as an urban regeneration area and special economic zone (SEZ) on the derelict state owned former port authority lands of the reclaimed North Wall and George's Dock areas of the Dublin Docklands. Address and still being classified as an SEZ. Wikipedia
Draft agreement negotiated in secret between members of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) between 1995 and 1998. It sought to establish a new body of universal investment laws that would grant corporations unconditional rights to engage in financial operations around the world, without any regard to national laws and citizens' rights. Wikipedia
Defined as a "country or jurisdiction that provides financial services to nonresidents on a scale that is incommensurate with the size and the financing of its domestic economy." "Offshore" does not refer to the location of the OFC, since many Financial Stability Forum–IMF OFCs, such as Luxembourg and Singapore, are located "onshore", but to the fact that the largest users of the OFC are nonresident, e.g. "offshore". Wikipedia
This page compares the sovereign states of Europe on economic, financial and social indicators. For the purposes of comparison the broader definition of Europe will be used. Wikipedia
Sentences forGlobal Financial Centres Index
- Edinburgh was ranked 15th in the list of world financial centres in 2007, but fell to 37th in 2012, following damage to its reputation, and in 2016 was ranked 56th out of 86.
- In the 2017 Global Financial Centres Index, Sydney was ranked as having the eighth most competitive financial centre in the world.
- In the 2018 Global Financial Centres Index, Boston was ranked as having the thirteenth most competitive financial services center in the world and the second most competitive in the United States.
- In the 2018 Global Financial Centres Index, Melbourne was ranked as having the 15th most competitive financial centre in the world.
- The 2017 Global Financial Centres Index ranked San Francisco as the sixth-most competitive financial center in the world.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Global Financial Centres Index