Topics similar to or like Glossary of rail transport terms
Form of technical terminology. Wikipedia
Basic glossary of equestrian terms that includes both technical terminology and jargon developed over the centuries for horses and other equidae, as well as various horse-related concepts. Where noted, some terms are used only in American English (US), only in British English (UK), or are regional to a particular part of the world, such as Australia (AU). Wikipedia
Railway electrification in Iran describes the past and present electrification systems used to supply traction current to rail transport in Iran with a chronological record of development, a list of lines using each system, and a history and a technical description of each system. Sometimes abbreviated to RAIELEC, in which RAI is the abbreviation of Islamic Republic of Iran Railways . Wikipedia
For more than a century, the Swiss locomotive, multiple unit, motor coach and railcar classification system, in either its original or updated forms, has been used to name and classify the rolling stock operated on the railways of Switzerland. It started out as a uniform system for the classification and naming of all rolling stock, powered and unpowered, but had been replaced and amended by the UIC classification of goods wagons. Wikipedia
Open wagons form a large group of railway goods wagons designed primarily for the transportation of bulk goods that are not moisture-retentive and can usually be tipped, dumped or shovelled. The International Union of Railways (UIC) distinguishes between ordinary wagons (Class E/UIC-type 5) and special wagons (F/6). Wikipedia
Sentences forGlossary of rail transport terms
- The route contains segments of high-speed rail, and Acela trains are the fastest trainsets in the Americas; they attain 150 mph on 33.9 mi of the route.
- Pre-defined "meets" could lead to large delays if either train failed to show up, or worse, an "extra" train not listed in the timetable could suffer a head-on collision with another train that did not expect it.
- An infill station at 900 South in Salt Lake City was constructed in 2005, and a second infill station, at 9400 South in Sandy (Sandy Expo), opened in August 2006.
- At the same time FrontRunner South opened for service, North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe, a new infill station on the previous line, opened as well.
- The inner part of the Framingham/Worcester Line was closed for a weekend in December 2015 to allow construction of a temporary shoo-fly track, which allows the mainline track to be removed during construction.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Glossary of rail transport terms