Software similar to or like Google Earth
Computer program, formerly known as Keyhole EarthViewer, that renders a 3D representation of Earth based primarily on satellite imagery. Wikipedia
Mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Developed by a consortium of developers known as the Open Handset Alliance and commercially sponsored by Google. Wikipedia
Name given to a concept by former US vice president Al Gore in 1998, describing a virtual representation of the Earth that is georeferenced and connected to the world's digital knowledge archives. In a speech prepared for the California Science Center in Los Angeles on January 31, 1998, Gore described a digital future where schoolchildren - indeed all the world's citizens - could interact with a computer-generated three-dimensional spinning virtual globe and access vast amounts of scientific and cultural information to help them understand the Earth and its human activities. Wikipedia
Sentences forGoogle Earth
- Google Earth, launched in 2005, allowed users to see high-definition satellite pictures from all over the world for free through a client software downloaded to their computers.
- The gunman who survived said that the attackers had used Google Earth to familiarise themselves with the locations of buildings used in the attacks.
- Michael Jones, Chief technologist of Google Earth, has cited the tricorder's mapping capability as one inspiration in the development of Keyhole/Google Earth.
- According to Google Earth, the height of the city varies between 0 m in the western breakwater, up to maximum 142 m in the neighborhood of Los Nogales.
- The result is earth.nanaimo.ca, a wealth of city data viewed through the Google Earth 3D mapping program.
- Lawrence's Meadowbrook Apartments residential complex is the default starting point for the map program Google Earth.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Google Earth