Musical artists similar to or like Gordon Jenkins
American arranger, composer, and pianist who was influential in popular music in the 1940s and 1950s. Wikipedia
List of popular Christmas songs recorded by various artists, many of which have hit on various charts, mostly in the United States . The year indicates the original year of release for that artist's recorded version of the single or track, which may not necessarily be the first year the artist's version appeared on one or more popular music charts by various music trade publications. Wikipedia
Popular song written by Cole Porter for the 1935 musical Jubilee. Extended sea cruise in the early part of 1935: however, in September 1935 while he was visiting a friend's farm in Ohio with Jubilee's librettist Moss Hart, the latter mentioned that the play's second act required an additional song, and Porter had "Just One of Those Things" completed by the following morning . Wikipedia
Special Grammy Award that is awarded by The Recording Academy to "performers who, during their lifetimes, have made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of recording." Distinct from the Grammy Hall of Fame Award, which honors specific recordings rather than individuals, and the Grammy Trustees Award, which honors non-performers. Wikipedia
Sentences forGordon Jenkins
- The title song became The Windmill Song and the song was recorded by The Andrews Sisters with Gordon Jenkins and his Orchestra.
- Page and Schoen's most challenging project was a recording of Gordon Jenkins narrative tone poem, Manhattan Tower (recorded September 1956).
- His composition California Suite, prompted by Gordon Jenkins's "Manhattan Tower," became Capitol's first 12-inch LP album.
- Although Sinatra did not sing it in the film, he recorded "Lonely Town" for his 1957 album Where Are You? in an arrangement by Gordon Jenkins.
- Some, such as the Nelson Riddle and Gordon Jenkins Orchestras, became well known in their own right, with Riddle particularly associated with the success of Sinatra and Cole.
- Allen again made a few changes, including the singing DeMarco Sisters, to whom he'd been tipped by arranger-composer Gordon Jenkins.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gordon Jenkins