Official posts similar to or like Governor of New South Wales
Viceregal representative of the Australian monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, in the state of New South Wales. Wikipedia
The governors of the Australian states are the representatives of Australia's monarch in each of Australia's six states. The governors are the nominal chief executives of the states, performing the same constitutional and ceremonial functions at the state level as does the Governor-General of Australia at the national or federal level. Wikipedia
The viceregal representative of the monarch of New Zealand, currently Queen Elizabeth II. Concurrently the monarch of 15 other Commonwealth realms, and lives in the United Kingdom, she, on the advice of her New Zealand prime minister, appoints a governor-general to carry out her constitutional and ceremonial duties within the Realm of New Zealand. Wikipedia
Sentences forGovernor of New South Wales
- Macquarie served as the last autocratic Governor of New South Wales, from 1810 to 1821 and had a leading role in the social and economic development of Sydney which saw it transition from a penal colony to a budding free society.
- Batman's Treaty with the Aborigines was annulled by Richard Bourke, the Governor of New South Wales (who at the time governed all of eastern mainland Australia), with compensation paid to members of the association.
- During early colonial times, the presiding Governor and his military shared absolute control over the population.
- In 1788 Captain Arthur Phillip assumed the position of Governor of the new British colony of New South Wales which according to his commission included New Zealand.
- It had its beginnings when New South Wales was a British colony under the control of the Governor and was first established in 1823 by the New South Wales Act.
- Macquarie served as the fifth and last autocratic Governor of New South Wales from 1810 to 1821, and had a leading role in the social, economic and architectural development of the colony.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Governor of New South Wales