Settlements similar to or like Groton, Connecticut
Town in New London County, Connecticut located on the Thames River. Wikipedia
Seaport city and a port of entry on the northeast coast of the United States, located at the mouth of the Thames River in New London County, Connecticut. One of the world's three busiest whaling ports for several decades beginning in the early 19th century, along with Nantucket and New Bedford, Massachusetts. Wikipedia
Sentences forGroton, Connecticut
- In 1998, School Street in Groton was the first four-quadrant gate installation in the country with vehicle detection sensors tied into the line's signal system.
- was decommissioned at Mare Island in 1980, then rigged for towing back to Groton, Connecticut to serve as a museum of naval history.
- Cuttlefish was the first submarine built at EB's plant in Groton, Connecticut which has ever since been its primary submarine manufacturing facility.
- Connecticut also has at least one remaining city (Groton) that is within, but not coextensive with, its parent town.
- In 1933 Electric Boat acquired ownership of a shipyard in Groton, Connecticut, to build submarines.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Groton, Connecticut