Military ranks similar to or like Gruppenführer
Early paramilitary rank of the Nazi Party , first created in 1925 as a senior rank of the SA. Wikipedia
- Most of these SS and police leaders held the rank of SS-Gruppenführer or above, and answered directly to Himmler in all SS matters within their district.
- Eventually, Himmler settled the Heisenberg affair by sending two letters, one to SS Gruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich and one to Heisenberg, both on 21 July 1938.
- Most of these SS and Police Leaders normally held the rank of SS-Gruppenführer or above and answered directly to Himmler in all matters pertaining to the SS within their area of responsibility.
- He was later appointed an SA-Gruppenführer (Lieutenant General) and held this rank on the SA rolls until 1945.
- Originally, Brigadeführer was considered the second general officer rank of the SS and ranked between Oberführer and Gruppenführer.
- Each Gruppe extended over several regions and was commanded by a SA-Gruppenführer who answered only to Röhm or Hitler.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gruppenführer