Species similar to or like Guinea pig
Species of rodent belonging to the genus Cavia in the family Caviidae. Wikipedia
Species of rodent in the family Caviidae. Known only from one location in Valle Hermoso in the Bolivian Andes, at an elevation of 2557 m. Specimens from this location were shipped to Muenster, Germany in 1997 for laboratory research, where the species was recognized and described. Wikipedia
Rodents (from Latin rodere, "to gnaw") are mammals of the order Rodentia, which are characterized by a single pair of continuously growing incisors in each of the upper and lower jaws. About 40% of all mammal species are rodents; they are found in vast numbers on all continents except Antarctica. Wikipedia
Home to a diverse and largely endemic rodent fauna. This includes the endemic family Capromyidae (hutias), which are largely limited to the Greater Antilles, and two other groups of endemic hystricognaths, the heteropsomyines and giant hutias, including the extinct bear-sized Amblyrhiza inundata. Wikipedia
Short evergreen shrub in the heath family that bears edible fruit, native to boreal forest and Arctic tundra throughout the Northern Hemisphere from Europe and Asia to North America. Lingonberries are picked in the wild and used to accompany a variety of dishes in Northern Baltoscandia, Russia, Canada and Alaska. Wikipedia
Sentences forGuinea pig
- Most Quechua families adhere to traditional forms of food, music, and dress, yet still have cell phones and typically raise Guinea Pigs and other farm animals in their farms.
- Guinea pigs were also found at the site in special burial caves, suggesting that they were at least used for funerary rituals, as it was common throughout the Inca Empire to use them for sacrifices and meat.
- Frank and Lillian Gilbreth often used their large family (and Frank himself) as guinea pigs in experiments.
- Smallholder farmers, especially women, keep domestic cavies in their homesteads that may provide more protein to family nutrition than any other meat source.
- On December 4, 2017, Sanofi also denied that they made Filipinos into “guinea pigs,” explaining that the vaccine program was conducted by the DOH and not them.
- Inside the houses, a large proportion of the rural population also keeps domestic cavies (i.e., Guinea pig, Cavia porcellus) for meat production, although they are rarely mentioned in statistics.
- Huacho is home to the annual Guinea Pig Festival.
- Guinea pigs and rabbits were the 2017 cheerleaders, and famous pets of Instagram returned.
- Guinea pigs also yawn in a display of dominance or anger, displaying their impressive incisor teeth.
- Suspecting guinea pigs, she ransacks his room, finds the key, and goes down to the shed, forbidding Conradin to leave the house.
- Guinea pigs were raised for meat in the Andes.
- According to author Jenny Uglow, those who chose to pay the guinea hair powder tax were nicknamed "guinea-pigs" by reformist Whigs who chose instead to cut their hair short (the "French" cut) and go without a wig as an expression of solidarity with the French.
- Guinea pigs were used as test subjects and placed around a 660 yard circular grid.
- Applewhite and Nettles went by the collective of "The Two' as well as the singular names "Bo" and "Peep" respectively and later "Do" and "Ti", along with Guinea and Pig at some points in time.
- A specialty of the region are the Andes-native Guinea pigs that are bred as livestock, as they have been for hundreds of years.
- The blackboard gag "It's 'Schaal', not 'Schall'" was only seen in the televised version; the version that was streamed on Hulu.com and seen in televised reruns used the blackboard gag, "Guinea pigs should not be used as guinea pigs".
- However, it's necessary to consider the pre-carnival activities and in recent years, 7 January is considered another carnival day for Remate (Finish) with the celebration of the "Cuy's festival" when locals and tourists delight the typical dish of the region.
- This day is devoted to Remate (Finish) the Carnival with the celebration of "Cuy's day" when locals and tourists delight the typical dish of the region, also many of them visit the near Guamuez Lake, and Obonuco and Catambuco rural fairs.
- Also, cuy, a species of Guinea pig, is served as a delicacy on religious holidays.
- Hamster balls are recommended by the manufacturers for use with hamsters, gerbils, mice, degus and small rats only; they should not be used for chinchillas or guinea pigs, as their size and body structures are different from small rodents, posing a serious hazard to them if placed inside.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Guinea pig