Settlements similar to or like Gujarat
State on the western coast of India with a coastline of 1600 km – most of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula – and a population of 60.4 million. Wikipedia
- The States Reorganisation Committee recommended a bilingual state for Maharashtra–Gujarat with Bombay as its capital in its 1955 report.
- The incident was seen as an attack upon Hindus, and sparked off massive anti-Muslim violence across the state of Gujarat that lasted several weeks.
- In the Gujarati speaking areas of the state, a similar the Mahagujarat Movement demanded a separate Gujarat state for majority Gujarati areas.
- 150 CE, Gujarat) is the first long poetic-style inscription in "more or less" standard Sanskrit that has survived into the modern era.
- During this time, the islands were administered by the Muslim Governors of Gujarat, who were appointed by the Delhi Sultanate.
- Bombay State was split into the linguistic states of Gujarat and Maharashtra on 1 May 1960 by the Bombay Reorganisation Act.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gujarat