Topics similar to or like Gun politics in the United States
Area of American politics defined by two primary opposing ideologies about civilian gun ownership. Wikipedia
National public interest law center which provides legal assistance to elected officials, government attorneys, and activists in the United States to promote gun control and to oppose firearm ownership. The Giffords Law Center publishes information about gun laws and gun control. Wikipedia
Gun violence in the United States results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually. In 2018, the most recent year for which data are available as of 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) National Center for Health Statistics reports 38,390 deaths by firearm, of which 24,432 were by suicide and 13,958 were homicides. Wikipedia
United States nonprofit organization that supports gun rights. Founded in 1974 by Alan Gottlieb and headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, SAF publishes gun rights magazines and public education materials, funds conferences, provides media contacts, and has assumed a central role in sponsoring lawsuits. Wikipedia
Sentences forGun politics in the United States
- In later years, Nugent drew attention for his outspoken conservative political views, as well as his strident advocacy of hunting and gun ownership rights.
- On January 16, 2013, one month after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, Obama signed 23 executive orders and outlined a series of sweeping proposals regarding gun control.
- The paper advocated for tighter gun laws, condemning what it described as "empty platitudes and angry rhetoric" rather than action "in response to the ongoing plague of gun violence in our country."
- In June 2016, Lovato signed an open letter from Billboard urging gun reform and performed at the March for Our Lives anti-gun violence rally in Washington, D.C. in March 2018.
- By the 1980s, Heston supported gun rights and changed his political affiliation from Democratic to Republican.
- Willis also stated that he is a supporter of gun rights, stating, "Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys."
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Gun politics in the United States