Settlements similar to or like Hampton Roads
Name of both a body of water that serves as a wide channel for the James, Nansemond and Elizabeth rivers between Old Point Comfort and Sewell's Point where the Chesapeake Bay flows into the Atlantic Ocean, and the surrounding metropolitan region located in the Southeastern Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina portions of the Tidewater region. Wikipedia
Independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. 242,803; in 2019, the population was estimated to be 242,742 making it the third-most populous city in Virginia after neighboring Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, and the 91st-largest city in the nation. The city was incorporated in 1705 and is one of the oldest cities in Hampton Roads metropolitan area, and is considered to be the historic, urban, financial, and cultural center of the region. Wikipedia
The statistical areas of the United States of America comprise the metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs), the micropolitan statistical areas (μSAs), and the combined statistical areas (CSAs) currently defined by the United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Most recently on March 6, 2020, the Office of Management and Budget defined 1114 statistical areas for the United States, including 4 combined statistical areas, 11 metropolitan statistical areas, and 4 micropolitan statistical areas in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Wikipedia
Sentences forHampton Roads
- The Virginia Port Authority's main seaports are those in Hampton Roads, which carried 60014070 ST of total cargo, the seventh most of United States ports.
- The second largest concentration of installations is at Hampton Roads, Virginia, where the navy occupies over 36000 acres of land.
- The three are part of the larger Hampton Roads metropolitan area, which has a population over 1.7million people and is the site of the world's largest naval base, Naval Station Norfolk.
- Norfolk is served by a variety of radio stations on the AM and FM dials, with towers located around the Hampton Roads area.
- The Hampton Roads area has the largest concentration of military personnel and assets of any metropolitan area in the world, including the largest naval base in the world, Naval Station Norfolk.
- Coastal Virginia Magazine is a bi-monthly regional magazine for Norfolk and the Hampton Roads area.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Hampton Roads