Baseball biographies similar to or like Hank Greenberg
American professional baseball player and team executive. Wikipedia
Sentences forHank Greenberg
- In the September 1949 issue of SPORT, Hank Greenberg said that DiMaggio covered so much ground in center field that the only way to get a hit against the Yankees was "to hit 'em where Joe wasn't."
- Indians executive Hank Greenberg was not happy about the trade and neither was Maris, who said that he could not stand Lane.
- Only two other players, Jimmie Foxx with 507 and Hank Greenberg with 503, have surpassed 500 RBIs in any three seasons; their totals were not consecutive.
- DiMaggio, Hank Greenberg, and Ted Williams, who had just retired, had been paid over $100,000 in a season, and Ruth had a peak salary of $80,000.
- At the time, it was the third highest single season total for RBI by the All-Star Break in MLB history, behind only Hank Greenberg (103 in 1935) and Juan González (101 in 1998).
- Vincent would later contend that Major League Baseball made a huge mistake by not appointing his deputy commissioner Steve Greenberg — the son of the Hall of Famer Hank Greenberg — as the commissioner.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Hank Greenberg