People similar to or like Hank Williams
American singer-songwriter and musician. Wikipedia
Genre of popular music that originated with blues, old-time music, and various types of American folk music including Appalachian, Cajun, and the cowboy Western music styles of New Mexico, Red Dirt, Tejano, and Texas country. Its popularized roots originate in the Southern United States of the early 1920s. Wikipedia
American musician known for being the first wife of country music singer and songwriter Hank Williams, the mother of Hank Williams Jr. and the grandmother of Hank Williams III and Holly Williams. Born in Banks, Alabama, the daughter of Artie Mae and Charles "Shelton" Sheppard. Wikipedia
American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music. After achieving success as a songwriter for others, Parton made her album debut in 1967 with Hello, I'm Dolly, which led to success during the remainder of the 1960s (both as a solo artist and with a series of duet albums with Porter Wagoner), before her sales and chart peak came during the 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Wikipedia
2015 American biographical drama film directed, written, and produced by Marc Abraham, starring Tom Hiddleston as country music legend Hank Williams and Elizabeth Olsen as his first wife, Audrey Williams. Based on the book Hank Williams: The Biography by Colin Escott, George Merritt, and William MacEwen. Wikipedia
American singer and songwriter. His integration of rock and pop elements into the country genre has earned him popularity, particularly in the United States with success on the country music single and album charts, multi-platinum recordings and record-breaking live performances, while also crossing over into the mainstream pop arena. Wikipedia
Sentences forHank Williams
- His guitar and lead vocals are featured on the Hank Williams tribute album Timeless (2001) and on veteran blues guitarist Hubert Sumlin's album About Them Shoes (2005).
- The Hayride featured musicians including Hank Williams and Elvis Presley, who made his broadcasting debut at this venue.
- Ronstadt won her first Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance/Female for "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)" which was originally a 1940s hit by Hank Williams.
- This was followed to the top of the charts later that year by a similarly styled rendition of Hank Williams's "Cold, Cold Heart", which helped introduce Williams and country music in general to a wider, more national audience.
- On the same night, he and Dave Matthews performed the Hank Williams song "Alone and Forsaken", for the Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief charity telethon, in response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
- MGM Records' first president Frank Walker discovered and signed Hank Williams who became the linchpin of MGM Records' country music operations.
- During one such afternoon show, Jones met his idol, Hank Williams ("I just stared," he later wrote).
- She also drew influence from country singer Hank Williams.
- He recorded an album dedicated to the songs of Don Gibson and another of Hank Williams covers, but both sold poorly.
- Deal's musical background was folk music and country; she had formed a country-folk band with her sister in her teenage years, and played covers of artists such as the Everly Brothers and Hank Williams.
- The title track, a Hank Williams cover, was released as a single and received heavy FM airplay.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Hank Williams