Settlements similar to or like Harlem
Neighborhood in Upper Manhattan, New York City. Wikipedia
Neighborhood in the uppermost area of the New York City borough of Manhattan. Named for Fort Washington, a fortification constructed at the highest natural point on Manhattan Island by Continental Army troops during the American Revolutionary War, to defend the area from the British forces. Wikipedia
Most densely populated of the five boroughs of New York City, and coextensive with the County of New York, one of the original counties of the U.S. state of New York. Manhattan serves as the city's economic and administrative center, cultural identifier, and historical birthplace. Wikipedia
- The first was Columbia's proposed gymnasium in neighboring Morningside Park, perceived as a segregated facility, with limited access by the black residents of neighboring Harlem.
- Chicago's South Side emerged as United States second-largest urban black concentration, following New York's Harlem.
- In 1969, a special exhibition, titled "Harlem on My Mind" was criticized for failing to exhibit work by Harlem artists.
- He moved into the Hotel Theresa in Harlem, where he befriended Lithofayne Pridgon, known as "Faye", who became his girlfriend.
- In 1958, Charles was arrested on a Harlem street corner for possession of narcotics and equipment for administering heroin.
- The New York City neighborhood of Harlem has historically been a major cultural capital for African Americans of sub-Saharan descent, and Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn has the largest such population in the United States.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Harlem