Mountains similar to or like Helderberg Escarpment
Escarpment and mountain range in eastern New York, United States, roughly 11 mi west of the city of Albany. Wikipedia
Range forming the northeastern corner of the Catskill Mountains in Greene and Ulster counties in the U.S. state of New York. It rises very abruptly from the Hudson Valley to summits above 3000 ft in elevation, including three of the Catskill High Peaks, with almost no foothills. Wikipedia
357 mi long-distance hiking trail beginning at the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee, New Jersey and ending at Altamont, New York, in the Albany area. While not yet a continuous trail, relying on road walks in some areas, it nevertheless takes in many of the popular hiking attractions west of the Hudson River, such as the New Jersey Palisades, Harriman State Park, the Shawangunk Ridge and the Catskill Mountains. Wikipedia
Sentences forHelderberg Escarpment
- The first mass meeting of tenant farmers leading to the Anti-Rent War was held at the top of the Helderberg mountains in Berne, New York on July 4, 1839.
- The terrain of the county ranges from flat near the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers to high and hilly to the southwest, of the Helderberg Escarpment and the Helderberg Mountains.
- Flooding washed out a portion of the Delaware and Hudson Railway in the Helderberg Mountains, causing two trains to derail; there were no injuries.
- They were the first to record and name the Helderberg Escarpment, originally Hellebergh meaning "bright or clear mountain".
- His father, Daniel Butterfield, lived at Berne, in the Helderberg, near Albany, N. Y., where John was born.
- An excursion made with Professors J. Hall and Agassiz to the Helderberg mountains of New York developed a keen interest in geology.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Helderberg Escarpment