Officeholders similar to or like Henry Knox
Military officer of the Continental Army and later the United States Army, who also served as the first United States Secretary of War from 1789 to 1794. Wikipedia
Timeline of the American Revolution — timeline of the political upheaval culminating in the 18th century in which Thirteen Colonies in North America joined together for independence from the British Empire, and after victory in the Revolutionary War combined to form the United States of America. The American Revolution includes political, social, and military aspects. Wikipedia
Formed by the Second Continental Congress after the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War by the former thirteen British colonies that later became the United States of America. Created to coordinate the military efforts of the Thirteen Colonies in their ultimately successful war for independence. Wikipedia
Initiated by delegates from the thirteen American colonies in Congress against Great Britain over their objection to Parliament's taxation policies and lack of colonial representation. From their founding in the 1600s, the colonies were largely left to govern themselves. Wikipedia
Sentences forHenry Knox
- Blount named the new capital Knoxville after Revolutionary War general and Secretary of War Henry Knox, who at the time was Blount's immediate superior.
- Following the disbanding of the Continental Army at the end of 1783 only one major general, Henry Knox, remained in service until his resignation in June 1784.
- Putnam supervised this effort, which successfully installed both the fortifications and dozens of cannon on Dorchester Heights that Henry Knox had laboriously brought through the snow from Fort Ticonderoga.
- On January 24, 1776, Henry Knox arrived with artillery captured from Fort Ticonderoga, which enabled Washington to drive the British army out of Boston.
- Secretary of War Henry Knox also attempted to encourage agriculture among the tribes.
- George Washington and Henry Knox believed that Native Americans were equals but that their society was inferior.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Henry Knox