German locations similar to or like Herrnhut
Upper Lusatian town in the Görlitz district in Saxony, Germany, known for the community of the Moravian Church established by Nicolas Ludwig, Count von Zinzendorf in 1722. Wikipedia
- In 1736, he was banished from Saxony, but in 1749 the government rescinded its decree and begged him to establish within its jurisdiction more settlements like that at Herrnhut.
- The Moravians in Germany, whose central settlement remains at Herrnhut, are highly active in education and social work.
- In 1738 he went to Herrnhut, the Moravian headquarters in Germany, to study.
- The refugees established a new village called Herrnhut, about 2 miles (3 km) from Berthelsdorf.
- At their Herrnhut colony he witnessed gatherings for testimony and mutual edification, select bands, classes, conferences on doctrine, open air preaching, preaching by laymen, itinerant preachers, and orphan homes.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Herrnhut