Topics similar to or like History of Christianity
The history of Christianity concerns the Christian religion, Christian countries, and the Church with its various denominations, from the 1st century to the present. Wikipedia
Christendom historically refers to the "Christian world": Christian states, Christian-majority countries and the countries in which Christianity dominates or prevails. Since the spread of Christianity from the Levant to Europe and North Africa during the early Roman Empire, Christendom has been divided in the pre-existing Greek East and Latin West. Wikipedia
The persecution of Christians can be historically traced from the first century of the Christian era to the present day. Christian missionaries and converts to Christianity have both been targeted for persecution, sometimes to the point of being martyred for their faith, ever since the emergence of Christianity. Wikipedia
Protestant ecclesiological term referring to the church invisible comprising all Christians, used since the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. In this understanding, "Christian Church" (or "catholic church") does not refer to a particular Christian denomination but to the "body" or "group" of believers, both defined in various ways. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of Christianity
- Methodists are increasingly recognizing that the 15 centuries prior to the Reformation constitute a shared history with Catholics, and are gaining new appreciation for neglected aspects of the Catholic tradition.
- There were some movements considered heresies by the early Church which do not exist today and are not generally referred to as denominations.
- The university is generally regarded as an institution that has its origin in the Medieval Christian setting.
- The two systems of Calvinism and Arminianism share both history and many doctrines, and the history of Christian theology.
- Marseille continued to prosper as a Gallo-Roman city, becoming an early center of Christianity during the Western Roman Empire.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of Christianity