Topics similar to or like History of France
The first written records for the History of France appeared in the Iron Age. Wikipedia
Immense panorama of conflicts and struggles extending for more than 2,000 years across areas including modern France, Europe, and a variety of regions throughout the world. According to British historian Niall Ferguson, the French participated in 50 of the 125 major European wars that have been fought since 1495; more than any other European state. Wikipedia
List of wars involving France and its predecessor states. Incomplete list of French and proto-French wars and battles from the foundation of Francia by Clovis I, the Merovingian king who united all the Frankish tribes and northern Gallo-Romans in the 5th century, to the current Fifth Republic. Wikipedia
The history of Europe concerns itself with the discovery and collection, the study, organization and presentation and the interpretation of past events and affairs of the people of Europe since the beginning of written records. During the Neolithic era and the time of the Indo-European migrations, Europe saw human inflows from east and southeast and subsequent important cultural and material exchange. Wikipedia
France–United Kingdom relations are the relations between the governments of the French Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK). The historical ties between France and the UK, and the countries preceding them, are long and complex, including conquest, wars, and alliances at various points in history. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of France
- In French history, "lieutenant du roi" was a title borne by the officer sent with military powers to represent the king in certain provinces.
- In 1794, the French Republican Army started using Antwerp as the northernmost naval port of France.
- Under the Carolingians, the Frankish kingdom spread to encompass an area including most of Western Europe; the east–west division of the kingdom formed the basis for modern France and Germany.
- In St. Petersburg, he read widely on his own account and gave special attention to the works of the French encyclopædists and French history.
- His 2007 campaign, at the age of 78 years and 9 months, makes him the oldest candidate for presidential office in French history.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of France