Topics similar to or like History of IBM
Multinational computer technology and IT consulting corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States. Wikipedia
Division of the International Business Machines Corporation, , an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York. It helps clients facilitate medical research, clinical research, and healthcare solutions, through the use of artificial intelligence, data, analytics, cloud computing, and other advanced information technology. Wikipedia
American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. World's largest and highest-valued semiconductor chip manufacturer on the basis of revenue, and is the developer of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers . Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of IBM
- Before IBM unbundled software from hardware in 1969, the OS (and most other software) was included in the cost of the hardware.
- In 1969, IBM, which had antitrust lawsuits pending against it, led an industry change by starting to charge separately for mainframe software and services, by unbundling hardware and software.
- In 1969, IBM, under threat of antitrust litigation, led the industry change by starting to charge separately for (mainframe) software and services, and ceasing to supply source code.
- The antitrust environment of the 70's was dominated by the case United States v. IBM, which was filed by the U.S. Justice Department in 1969.
- The IBM 3270 display terminal subsystem was designed and developed by IBM's Kingston, New York, laboratory (which later closed during IBM's difficult time in the mid-1990s).
- But IBM then decided to unbundle software from its mainframes in 1969, which helped facilitate the growth of the commercial software industry in the 1970s and beyond.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of IBM