Topics similar to or like History of Islam
The history of Islam concerns the political, social, economic and cultural developments of Islamic civilization. Wikipedia
Islamic state under the leadership of an Islamic steward with the title of caliph (خَلِيفَة khalīfah, ), a person considered a politico-religious successor to the Islamic prophet Muhammad and a leader of the entire Muslim world (ummah). Historically, the caliphates were polities based on Islam which developed into multi-ethnic trans-national empires. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of Islam
- Arab Architecture also encompasses a wide range of both secular and religious styles from the foundation of Islam to the present day.
- The original name of the city before the advent of Islam was Yathrib and it is referred to by the same name in the Qur'an in Chapter 33, al-Ahzab (The Confederates).
- In the early Muslim world, ultimate power and authority was theoretically held by the Caliph, who was considered the leader of the entire (Sunni) Muslim community.
- Later scholars accepted their testimony of the words and deeds of Muhammad, the occasions on which the Quran was revealed and other various important matters of Islamic history and practice.
- In the 15th century, the native Safavids re-established a unified Iranian state and national identity, with the country's conversion to Shia Islam marking a turning point in Iranian and Muslim history.
- The Elamite language may have survived as late as the early Islamic period (roughly contemporary with the early medieval period in Europe).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of Islam