Topics similar to or like History of Rangers F.C.
First association football club in the world to win more than fifty national league titles, currently 54. Wikipedia
One of the earliest modern footballing nations, with Glasgow club Queen's Park early pioneers of the game throughout the UK. More clubs formed in Scotland, resulting in the commencement of the first major competition in 1873, the Scottish Cup, then the founding of the Scottish Football League in 1890. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of Rangers F.C.
- In retirement Wilson remained an enthusiastic supporter of Rangers, attending many matches and functions and commenting on the club's struggles.
- The revolution brought about by the arrival of Graeme Souness (and numerous new signings) at Rangers led to McPherson being deemed surplus to requirements, and he was sold to Hearts for £325,000 in 1987.
- This was the start of a sustained period of great success for Rangers, though Aberdeen would remain a significant opponent during the next decade.
- This began with a title in the 1986–87 season and included the whole "Nine in a Row" period between 1989 and 1997.
- By contrast, Rangers were struggling financially and endured one of the worst runs in their proud history under managers John Greig and the returning Jock Wallace (having tried unsuccessfully to tempt Ferguson back to Ibrox).
- The Glasgow Green Football Centre, featuring 18 different football pitches of various sizes and qualities, opened in November 2000 on Fleshers' Haugh, the site where Scottish football club Rangers played their first ever match against Callander over a hundred years earlier.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of Rangers F.C.