Topics similar to or like History of Tampa, Florida
The modern history of Tampa, Florida, can be traced to the founding of Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River in today's downtown in 1824, soon after the United States had taken possession of Florida from Spain. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of Tampa, Florida
- Gutierrez did not find any commercial quality guavas in the isolated village of Tampa.
- They called the site "Tampa" or "Tanpa", a name which was accidentally transferred north by European explorers.
- Though only a small town at the time, Tampa had been an important port for exporting cattle and crops from ranches and farms in the interior of central Florida before the war.
- William Benton Henderson (September 17, 1839 – May 7, 1909) was a cattleman, merchant, and prominent figure in the history of Tampa, Florida.
- At that time, segregation was the norm, and many black Bahamian and Cuban immigrants were arriving in Tampa to work in the cigar industry.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of Tampa, Florida