Topics similar to or like History of the Balkans
The Balkans and parts of this area are alternatively situated in Southeast, Southern, Eastern Europe and Central Europe. Wikipedia
The concept of Germany as a distinct region in central Europe can be traced to Roman commander Julius Caesar, who referred to the unconquered area east of the Rhine as Germania, thus distinguishing it from Gaul (France), which he had conquered. The victory of the Germanic tribes in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest (AD 9) prevented annexation by the Roman Empire, although the Roman provinces of Germania Superior and Germania Inferior were established along the Rhine. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of the Balkans
- By the mid-19th century, the Ottoman Empire had declined enough to become a target for other global powers (see History of the Balkans).
- In the century after the death of Osman I, Ottoman rule began to extend over Anatolia and the Balkans.
- The post-war social and political upheaval in the Balkans led to reduced sales, and the deal led to a series of legal disputes and the virtual bankruptcy of Greenbaum-Film.
- In the century after the death of Osman I, Ottoman rule began to extend over the Eastern Mediterranean and the Balkans.
- Greece and the other Balkan nations began a long slow road to independence from the Ottoman Empire, starting in the 1820s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of the Balkans