Topics similar to or like History of the National Football League championship
Throughout its history, the National Football League (NFL) and other rival American football leagues have used several different formats to determine their league champions, including a period of inter-league matchups determining a true national champion. Wikipedia
The National Football League champions, prior to the merger between the National Football League (NFL) and American Football League (AFL) in 1970, were determined by two different systems. Established on September 17, 1920, as the American Professional Football Association . Wikipedia
Professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). One of the four major North American professional sports leagues, the highest professional level of American football in the world, the wealthiest professional sport league by revenue, and the sport league with the most valuable teams. Wikipedia
American football game between the American Football Conference champion Pittsburgh Steelers and the National Football Conference (NFC) champion Green Bay Packers to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion for the 2010 season. The Packers defeated the Steelers by the score of 31–25. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of the National Football League championship
- After initially determining champions through end-of-season standings, a playoff system was implemented in 1933 that culminated with the NFL Championship Game until 1966.
- The NFL operated in a two-conference system from 1933 to 1966, where the champions of each conference would meet in the NFL Championship Game.
- The Lions enjoyed their greatest successes before the Super Bowl era, winning four NFL Championship Games between 1935 and 1957.
- NFL postseason history can be traced to the first NFL Championship Game in 1933, though in the early years, qualification for the game was based solely on regular-season records.
- It has served as the final game of every NFL season since 1966, replacing the NFL Championship Game.
- During Brown's career, Cleveland won the NFL championship in 1964 and were runners-up in 1957 and 1965, his rookie and final season, respectively.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of the National Football League championship