Topics similar to or like History of the Republic of China
End to 2,000 years of imperial rule. Wikipedia
The retreat of the Republic of China to Taiwan, also known as the Kuomintang's retreat to Taiwan or (in Taiwan) "The Great Retreat" refers to the exodus of the remnants of the internationally recognized Kuomintang-ruled government of the Republic of China to the island of Taiwan (Formosa) in December 1949 toward the end of active battles in the Chinese Civil War. The Kuomintang (KMT, Chinese Nationalist Party), its officers and approximately 2 million troops took part in the retreat; in addition to many civilians and refugees, fleeing the advance of the Communist People's Liberation Army. Wikipedia
Chinese communist revolutionary who was the founder of the People's Republic of China (PRC), which he ruled as the chairman of the Chinese Communist Party from its establishment in 1949 until his death in 1976. Ideologically a Marxist–Leninist, his theories, military strategies, and political policies are collectively known as Maoism. Wikipedia
Sentences forHistory of the Republic of China
- During the Republican era (1911–1949), the transliteration "yuan" was often printed on the reverse of the first yuan banknotes but sometimes "dollar" was used instead.
- The present view of Chinese martial arts is strongly influenced by the events of the Republican Period (1912–1949).
- An exceptionally large number of banknotes were issued during the Republican era (1911–1949) by provincial banks (both Nationalist and Communist).
- The revolution marked the end of 2,000 years of imperial rule and the beginning of China's early republican era.
- The Yellow Emperor became a powerful national symbol in the last decade of the Qing dynasty (1644–1911) and remained dominant in Chinese nationalist discourse throughout the Republican period (1911–49).
- Wu Peifu or Wu P'ei-fu (April 22, 1874 – December 4, 1939) was a major figure in the struggles between the warlords who dominated Republican China from 1916–27.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: History of the Republic of China