Organizations similar to or like Human Rights Campaign
Largest LGBTQ advocacy group and political lobbying organization in the United States. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
List of notable U.S.-based organizations classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center , an American civil rights organization, as anti-LGBT hate groups. Entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics." Wikipedia
Social justice, advocacy and capacity building organization serving and supporting state-based lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocacy organizations in the United States. In 1997, a group of state-based LGBT advocacy organizations came together to form the Equality Federation, which originally operated as a volunteer-run coalition. Wikipedia
American social justice advocacy non-profit organizing the grassroots power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. Also known as The Task Force, the organization supports action and activism on behalf of LGBTQ people and advances a progressive vision of liberation. Wikipedia
American civil rights organization serving primarily lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Since 2003, NBJC has collaborated with national civil rights groups and LGBT organizations, advocating for the unique challenges and needs of the African American LGBT community in the United States. Wikipedia
Statewide political advocacy organization in New York that advocated for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights, including same-sex marriage. Executive order was passed by Governor Andrew Cuomo which protects the rights of transgender citizens as long as future governors uphold the law. Wikipedia
Founded in 1989 and is an advocacy group, human rights organization, and a 501(3) organization, based in San Francisco, California, United States. The group has defined its mission as, "to promote human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice around the world." Wikipedia
United States political advocacy organization founded in 1958. Created by Willis Carto and described itself as "a pressure group for patriotism; the only lobby in Washington, D.C., registered with Congress which is wholly dedicated to the advancement of government policies based on our Constitution and conservative principles." Wikipedia
Social justice, advocacy and capacity building organization serving and supporting queer and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, uniquely focusing its work in the southern United States through community organizing for economic and racial justice. Founded at the National LGBTQ Task Force's 1993 Creating Change conference with the goal of building progressive movements across the American South by six women, including Mandy Carter and Mab Segrest. Wikipedia
Lobbying in the United States describes paid activity in which special interest groups hire well-connected professional advocates, often lawyers, to argue for specific legislation in decision-making bodies such as the United States Congress. Highly controversial phenomenon, often seen in a negative light by journalists and the American public, with some critics describing it as a legal form of bribery or extortion. Wikipedia
Black women have been involved in American socio-political issues and advocating for the community since the American Civil War era through organizations, clubs, community-based social services, and advocacy. Black women are currently underrepresented in the United States in both elected offices and in policy made by elected officials. Wikipedia
Nonprofit organization founded in 1920 "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States". Officially nonpartisan, the organization has been supported and criticized by liberal and conservative organizations alike. Wikipedia
Sentences forHuman Rights Campaign
- In June 2020, the label partnered with the Human Rights Campaign to present the 2020 Pride Benfit Concert, a livestream supporting LGBTQ equality in June.
- That September, she was awarded the Ally for Equality award presented by the Human Rights Campaign, for her support of the LGBT community.
- On July 30, 2015, the White House Office of National AIDS Policy revised its strategy for addressing the disease, which included widespread testing and linkage to healthcare, which was celebrated by the Human Rights Campaign.
- Advocacy for these issues, paired with the politically unpopular nature of the gay rights movement at the time, led to enthusiastic support for Clinton's election and reelection by the Human Rights Campaign.
- Later that month, Gaga appeared in Human Rights Campaign's tribute video to the victims of the attack.
- Intel has received a 100% rating on numerous Corporate Equality Indices released by the Human Rights Campaign including the first one released in 2002.
- In line with other cities, Human Rights Campaign gave Minneapolis its highest possible score in 2019.
- The Human Rights Campaign has rated IBM 100% on its index of gay-friendliness every year since 2003, with IBM providing same-sex partners of its employees with health benefits and an anti-discrimination clause.
- The Human Rights Campaign has given Comcast a 100 on the Corporate Equality Index and one of the best places for LGBT people to work
- In June 2005, she was honored with a Humanitarian Award by the Human Rights Campaign and AIDS Project Los Angeles as recognition for her involvement in raising money for AIDS charities.
- In 2000, she was the recipient of National Equality Award from the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest gay and lesbian activist/lobbying group.
- When Gaga met briefly with then-president Barack Obama at a Human Rights Campaign fundraiser, he found the interaction "intimidating" as she was dressed in 16-inch heels, making her the tallest woman in the room.
- Yankovic has stated that all of his proceeds from the parody and its music video will be donated to the Human Rights Campaign, to support the human rights themes of the original song.
- On March 18, 2017, she received a Nation Equality Award from Human Rights Campaign for "using her powerful voice and international platform to speak out for LGBTQ equality", with the organization further stating that "Katy's message of inclusion and equality continues to inspire us and the world".
- In 2016, the city of Stamford was rated as having the LGBT-friendliest policies out of nine Connecticut municipalities assessed by the Human Rights Campaign.
- In 2019, the Human Rights Campaign honored Aguilera with its "Ally for Equality" award.
- The Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, a report of how progressive the organization deems company policies towards LGBT employees, rated Microsoft as 87% from 2002 to 2004 and as 100% from 2005 to 2010 after they allowed gender expression.
- In 2005, Aguilera contributed "Beautiful" to the compilation album Love Rocks, which proceeds benefited the Human Rights Campaign.
- One dollar from each ticket was earmarked for the Human Rights Campaign, which advocates equal rights for LGBT individuals.
- It had received a 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Score, prior to donating funds to Minnesota Forward.
- In June 2016, Lovato participated in a video released by the Human Rights Campaign honoring the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting.
- The Human Rights Campaign lauded the decision.
- The LGBT advocacy group Human Rights Campaign gave Pelosi a 100% rating in 2006 for her voting record in the 107th through 109th congresses (2001–2006), indicating that she voted favorably on legislation supported by the organization on every occasion.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Human Rights Campaign