Hurricanes similar to or like Hurricane Sandy
The deadliest, the most destructive, and the strongest hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season. Wikipedia
Large and destructive tropical cyclone which affected much of the Caribbean and East Coast of the United States during late August 2011. The ninth named storm, first hurricane, and first major hurricane of the 2011 Atlantic hurricane season, Irene originated from a well-defined Atlantic tropical wave that began showing signs of organization east of the Lesser Antilles. Wikipedia
The strongest Atlantic hurricane since Mitch, and the deadliest, costliest, and most intense hurricane in the 2003 Atlantic hurricane season. The ninth named storm, fifth hurricane, and second major hurricane of the season, Isabel formed near the Cape Verde Islands from a tropical wave on September 6, in the tropical Atlantic Ocean. Wikipedia
Extremely powerful and devastating Category 5 Atlantic hurricane, which became the most intense tropical cyclone on record to strike the Bahamas, and is also regarded as the worst natural disaster in the country's recorded history. Also one of the most powerful hurricanes recorded in the Atlantic Ocean in terms of 1-minute sustained winds, with those winds peaking at 185 mph . Wikipedia
Destructive Category 1 hurricane that caused extensive damage across the Caribbean and the East Coast of the United States while also spawning a large tornado outbreak that generated the strongest tropical cyclone-spawned tornado since Hurricane Rita in 2005. First identified by the National Hurricane Center on July 23. Wikipedia
Sentences forHurricane Sandy
- Following the arrival of Hurricane Sandy in the Northeastern United States, the Giants lost back-to-back games against the Steelers and Bengals to fall to 6–4.
- On October 29, 2012, Hurricane Sandy caused extensive damage to low-lying coastal areas of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, Brooklyn, and Queens, destroying or severely damaging thousands of area homes and other structures by ocean and bay storm surges.
- In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy destroyed the northern part of the boardwalk fronting Absecon Inlet, in the residential section called South Inlet.
- The following month, Gaga pledged to donate $1 million to the American Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- The AFL postponed the free agency period to October 31 due to Hurricane Sandy, noting that the National Football League was simultaneously doing the same thing with regard to its trade deadline.
- On October 29, 2012, the island experienced severe damage and loss of life along with the destruction of many homes during Hurricane Sandy.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Hurricane Sandy