Species similar to or like Hydra (genus)
Genus of small, fresh-water organisms of the phylum Cnidaria and class Hydrozoa. Wikipedia
Sentences forHydra (genus)
- Two of these have the ability to regenerate whole bodies: Hydra, which can regenerate any part of the polyp from a small fragment, and planarian worms, which can usually regenerate both heads and tails.
- Cnidaria such as Hydra and the sea anemone Nematostella vectensis are attractive model organisms to study the evolution of immunity and certain developmental processes.
- In addition to this group, evidence for biradial symmetry has even been found in the 'perfectly radial' freshwater polyp Hydra (a cnidarian).
- Budding is also known on a multicellular level; an animal example is the hydra, which reproduces by budding.
- While, as shown with creatures such as hydra and planarian worms, it is indeed possible for a creature to be biologically immortal, it is not known if it will be possible for humans in the near-future.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Hydra (genus)