Musical artists similar to or like Ian Gillan
English singer and songwriter. Wikipedia
English orchestral and rock composer, pianist, and Hammond organ player known for his pioneering work in fusing rock with classical or baroque forms, especially with Deep Purple. He also spent time in the bands Whitesnake, Paice Ashton Lord, The Artwoods, The Flower Pot Men and Santa Barbara Machine Head. Wikipedia
Sentences forIan Gillan
- Deep Purple had fluctuated between styles in its early years, but by 1969 vocalist Ian Gillan and guitarist Ritchie Blackmore had led the band toward the developing heavy metal style.
- This "Mark Two" line-up featuring rock singer Ian Gillan lasted until mid-1973, producing four studio albums (two of which reached No. 1 in the UK), and two live albums.
- During the 1987–1988 tour, Blackmore was reluctant to play "Smoke on the Water", and singer Ian Gillan apologised for his vocal range, which had become weaker than audiences expected.
- The band settled on former Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan to replace Dio in December 1982.
- Blackmore asked Ian Gillan, also formerly of Deep Purple, to replace Dio, but Gillan turned him down.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ian Gillan