Peninsulas similar to or like Iberian Peninsula
Peninsula in the southwest corner of Europe, defining the westernmost edge of Eurasia. Wikipedia
Sea connected to the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by the Mediterranean Basin and almost completely enclosed by land: on the north by Western and Southern Europe and Anatolia, on the south by North Africa, and on the east by the Levant. Sometimes considered a part of the Atlantic Ocean, it is usually referred to as a separate body of water. Wikipedia
Sentences forIberian Peninsula
- Roughly 11,000 years ago, when the ice sheets began to recede, humans repopulated the area; genetic research suggests they came from the northern part of the Iberian Peninsula.
- The muladíes (Muslims of ethnic Iberian origin) are believed to have formed the majority of the population of Al-Andalus by the end of the 10th century.
- In the Iberian Peninsula, the Reconquista concluded with the fall of Granada in 1492, ending over seven centuries of Islamic rule in the south-western peninsula.
- Most of the avian species congregate along the Iberian Peninsula since it is the closest stopover between Northern Europe and Africa.
- Portugal, officially the Portuguese Republic (República Portuguesa ), is a country located on the Iberian Peninsula, in southwestern Europe.
- Its continental European territory is situated on the Iberian Peninsula.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Iberian Peninsula