Topics similar to or like Ice age
Long period of reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental and polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Wikipedia
Climate variability includes all the variations in the climate that last longer than individual weather events, whereas the term climate change only refers to those variations that persist for a longer period of time, typically decades or more. In the time since the industrial revolution, the climate has increasingly been affected by human activities that are causing global warming and climate change. Wikipedia
Deglaciation describes the transition from full glacial conditions during ice ages, to warm interglacials, characterized by global warming and sea level rise due to change in continental ice volume. Ice sheet or frozen surface layer, and the resulting exposure of the Earth's surface. Wikipedia
Ice sheet, also known as a continental glacier, is a mass of glacial ice that covers surrounding terrain and is greater than 50000 km2. The only current ice sheets are in Antarctica and Greenland; during the last glacial period at Last Glacial Maximum (LGM) the Laurentide Ice Sheet covered much of North America, the Weichselian ice sheet covered northern Europe and the Patagonian Ice Sheet covered southern South America. Wikipedia
Sentences forIce age
- Other animal bones including mammoth, reindeer and giant deer from the local glacial maximum have also been found in the canton.
- Human settlement in Estonia became possible 13,000 to 11,000 years ago, when the ice from the last glacial era melted.
- This research also concluded that the eastern Okstind Glacier did not melt completely during this warm period, the first glacier in Norway known to have survived since the Ice age.
- From this it was concluded that before the Ice Age the Mersey had flowed in a more northerly course, and when it was blocked by glacial deposits it had made a new channel through Runcorn Gap.
- The divergence of Chinese small-leaf tea and Assam tea would correspond to the last glacial maximum.
- According to this theory, Finno-Ugric speakers spread north as the Ice age ended.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ice age