Companies similar to or like Ilmor
British independent high-performance auto racing engineering company. Wikipedia
Formula One engine manufacturer, owned by Mercedes-Benz. The company supplied Sauber during the season, McLaren from to and from, Force India from to , Brawn in , the Mercedes factory team since , Williams since , Lotus in , Manor Racing in , Racing Point Force India in , Racing Point from to and Aston Martin from. Wikipedia
American professional auto racing organization, currently competing in the NTT IndyCar Series, NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series. Debuting at the 1966 24 Hours of Daytona, the organization has also competed in various other types of professional racing such as Formula One, Can-Am, Trans Am, IMSA and Australian Supercars. Wikipedia
British automotive engineering company founded in London in 1958, specialising in high-performance internal combustion engines, powertrain, and electronics; for automobile racing and mainstream automotive industries. Based in Northampton, England, with American facilities in Indianapolis, Shelby Charter Township, Michigan and Mooresville, North Carolina. Wikipedia
McLaren Racing Limited, British motor racing team based at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, England. Best known as a Formula One constructor, and is the second oldest active team, and second most successful Formula One team after Ferrari, having won races, 12 Drivers' Championships and 8 Constructors' Championships. Wikipedia
- Mercedes-Benz returned as an engine manufacturer in 1994, with the engines being designed and manufactured by Ilmor in Brixworth.
- However, it was at a decided power disadvantage compared to the top engine of the time, the Ilmor Chevrolet.
- Mario Illien's Ilmor-Chevrolet Indy V-8, which owed not a little to the DFY of five years earlier, quickly took over dominance of the sport.
- This new company, which is totally independent of Mercedes, is once again known as Ilmor Engineering Ltd.
- The Ilmor Mercedes V-8 engine, also a mainstay CART powerplant, was permitted, but the only time it was used as a one-off at the 1996 Indy 500 by Galles Racing.
- The most famous manifestation of the USAC rules disparity was the Ilmor-built Mercedes-Benz 500I engine fielded by Roger Penske in 1994.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ilmor