Holidays similar to or like Independence Day (India)
Celebrated annually on 15 August as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation's independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the day when the provisions of the 1947 Indian Independence Act, which transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly, came into effect. Wikipedia
Indian independence activist and, subsequently, the first Prime Minister of India, as well as a central figure in Indian politics both before and after independence. Eminent leader of the Indian independence movement, serving India as Prime Minister from its establishment in 1947 as an independent nation, until his death in 1964. Wikipedia
Sentences forIndependence Day (India)
- After India gained independence in 1947, limited autonomy was conferred to New Delhi and was administered by a Chief Commissioner appointed by the Government of India.
- Eschewing the official celebration of independence in Delhi, Gandhi visited the affected areas, attempting to provide solace.
- Election days and certain national holidays such as Independence Day are meant to be dry days when liquor sale is not permitted but consumption is allowed.
- Dakshina Kannada District Football Association (DKDFA) annually organises the Independence Day Cup, which is played on Independence Day at district football grounds adjacent to Nehru Maidan.
- Gandhi led Congress celebrated 26 January 1930 as India's Independence Day in Lahore.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Independence Day (India)