Topics similar to or like Independent politician
Politician not affiliated with any political party. Wikipedia
Lack of affiliation with, and a lack of bias toward, a political party. Oxford English Dictionary definition of partisan includes adherents of a party, cause, person, etc., in most cases, nonpartisan refers specifically to political party connections rather than being the strict antonym of "partisan". Wikipedia
List of political offices which have been held by a woman, with details of the first woman holder of each office. Ordered by the countries in Europe and by dates of appointment. Wikipedia
Political party officially affiliated with another, often larger or international, political party or governmental party, or several of them, notably when these share a political ideology. They may express this 'fraternity' by exchanging fraternal delegates to each-other's party congresses. Wikipedia
Organization, officially affiliated with a political party and registered with the Federal Elections Commission , which raises and spends money for political campaigning. Political party committees are distinct from political action committees, which are formally independent of political parties and subject to different rules. Wikipedia
Sentences forIndependent politician
- The most recent elections were held on 2 May 2019 and all wards returned Liberal Democrats except for Westmoreland which returned independents.
- Predictions of a rise in the number of successful Independents in the election as a result of the 2009 expenses scandal failed to materialise.
- As of April 2016, Democrats represented a plurality of voters in New York State, constituting more than twice as many registered voters as any other political party affiliation or lack thereof.
- Greatly concerned about the very real capacity of political parties to destroy the fragile unity holding the nation together, Washington remained unaffiliated with any political faction or party throughout his eight-year presidency.
- The local council is Orkney Islands Council, one of only three Councils in Scotland with a majority of elected members who are independents.
- Orkney Islands Council consists of 21 members, 18 of whom are independent, that is they do not stand as representatives of a political party.
- Two councillors are independent.,The leader of the council is the Liberal Democrat, Gerald Vernon-Jackson.
- The courts generally do not consider ballot access rules for independent and third party candidates to be additional qualifications for holding office and no federal statutes regulate ballot access.
- Alfred came from a Liberal family but stood (as was then customary in local government) as an Independent.
- Although Macron was a member of the PS from 2006 to 2009 and an independent from 2009 to 2016, La République En Marche!
- On the other hand, an Independent MP, Syed Abu Husin Hafiz, MP for Bukit Gantang was also there to hand over the application form to join and support the Bersatu.
- ALP = Australian Labor Party, L+NP = grouping of Liberal/National/LNP/CLP Coalition parties (and predecessors), Oth = other parties and independents.
- However, after several independents MPAs joined the PTI, the latter became the largest party and was able to form a government.
- Members are elected in a general elections or appointed from the national lists allocated to parties (and independent groups) in proportion to their share of the national vote at a general election.
- In the current legislative session, Democrats enjoy a three-fourths supermajority of 59 seats, while Republicans control a minority of 19 seats and Independents hold 1 seat.
- As assistant to Oliver Cromwell, Milton also took part in drafting a constitution of the independents (Agreement of the People; 1647) that strongly stressed the equality of all humans as a consequence of democratic tendencies.
- Of the 21 expelled, 10 were subsequently reinstated, while others continued as independents.
- Most others continued to sit as Independent MEPs.
- He switched to an independent in 2007 and registered again as a Democrat in October 2018.
- Prior to the 2015 general election, it was reported that May was considering standing as an independent Member of Parliament.
- The first president, George Washington, was elected as an independent.
- The Australian Electoral Commission has distinguished between "traditional" (Coalition/Labor) two-party-preferred (TPP/2PP) contests, and "non-traditional" (Independent, Greens, Liberal vs National) two-candidate-preferred (TCP/2CP) contests.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Independent politician