Countries similar to or like India
India (Hindi: ), officially the Republic of India (Hindi: ), – "Official name: Republic of India."; Wikipedia
Southernmost country in Africa. Bounded to the south by 2,798 km of coastline of Southern Africa stretching along the South Atlantic and Indian Oceans; to the north by the neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe; and to the east and northeast by Mozambique and Eswatini ; and it surrounds the enclaved country of Lesotho. Wikipedia
Transcontinental country in Eastern Europe and North Asia. At 17125200 km2, it is, by a considerable margin, the largest country in the world by area, covering more than one-eighth of the Earth's inhabited land area, and the ninth most populous, with about 146.79 million people, including Crimea. Wikipedia
Country in Southeast Europe on the Adriatic and Ionian Sea within the Mediterranean Sea. It shares land borders with Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, North Macedonia to the east, Greece to the south and maritime borders with Greece, Montenegro and Italy to the west. Wikipedia
Country in Central and Western Europe, lying between the Baltic and North Seas to the north and the Alps, Lake Constance, and the High Rhine to the south. It borders Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France to the southwest, and Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands to the west. Wikipedia
- The third most populous nation in the world, after China and India, the United States is the only major industrialized nation in which large population increases are projected.
- The ranking varies depending on how two territories disputed by China and India are counted, and how the total size of the United States is measured.
- India is the largest customer of Russian military equipment and the two countries share extensive defense and strategic relations.
- There are also sizable populations of Hindu immigrants from India and Sri Lanka, and some Western adherents of Hinduism-oriented new religious movements such as Hare Krishnas.
- Independence was granted to India and Pakistan in 1947.
- "The soul of India lives in its villages," declared M. K. Gandhi at the beginning of 20th century.
- In 2016 Pakistan's fertility rate was estimated to be 2.68, higher than its neighbour India (2.45).
- According to UN reports, the Pakistani military is the third largest troop contributor to UN peacekeeping missions after Ethiopia and India.
- Embassy in New Delhi, India would be:
- Philip of Macedon united most of the Greek mainland in the fourth century BC, with his son Alexander the Great rapidly conquering much of the ancient world, from the eastern Mediterranean to India.
- Denmark's large colonial aspirations included a few key trading posts in Africa and India.
- This period is marked by prolonged stagflation, instability, corruption, nationalism, geopolitical rivalry with India, and the clash of left wing-right wing ideologies.
- The Kashmir—the most northwesterly region of South Asia—is a major territorial dispute that has hindered relations between India and Pakistan.
- Pakistan was one of the first countries to establish formal diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China, and the relationship continues to be warm since China's war with India in 1962, forming a special relationship.
- After adopting a presidential system in 1962, the country experienced exceptional growth until a second war with India in 1965 that led to an economic downturn and wide-scale public disapproval in 1967.
- Pakistan's motorway infrastructure is better than those of India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, but the train system lags behind those of India and China, and aviation infrastructure also needs improvement.
- In the 20th century, Pakistan's nuclear deterrence program focused on countering India's nuclear ambitions in the region, and nuclear tests by India eventually led Pakistan to reciprocate to maintain a geopolitical balance as becoming a nuclear power.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: India