Indian political parties similar to or like Indian National Congress
The Indian National Congress (often called the Congress Party or simply Congress, abbr. Wikipedia
Political party in India with widespread roots. The first modern nationalist movement to emerge in the British Empire in Asia and Africa. Wikipedia
One of the two major political parties in India. The prominent members of the party are the president Sonia Gandhi, vice-president Rahul Gandhi, former prime minister Manmohan Singh and Priyanka Gandhi. Wikipedia
Sentences forIndian National Congress
- The Congress, which initially denied the Muslim League's claim of being the sole representative of Indian Muslims, was now forced to recognise the fact.
- In the decades following, public life gradually emerged all over India, leading eventually to the founding of the Indian National Congress in 1885.
- Mumbai had been a traditional stronghold and birthplace of the Indian National Congress, also known as the Congress Party.
- In fact, it was an integral part of the then Governing Congress party's vision of ‘rural development with local initiative’.
- In the Lok Sabha discussions in 1955, the Congress party demanded that the city be constituted as an autonomous city-state.
- Fresh local elections were held and in Tamil Nadu the Congress party captured power defeating the Justice party.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Indian National Congress