Ethnic groups similar to or like Indigenous peoples of the Americas
The indigenous peoples of the Americas encompasses the inhabitants of the Americas before the arrival of the European settlers in the 15th century, and present-day ethnic groups who identify themselves with those historical peoples. Wikipedia
Formal or informal expression of the people of Latin America and includes both high culture and popular culture (music, folk art, and dance), as well as religion and other customary practices. These are generally of Western origin, but have various degrees of Native American, African and Asian influence. Wikipedia
Based upon cultural regions, geography, and linguistics. Anthropologists have named various cultural regions, with fluid boundaries, that are generally agreed upon with some variation. Wikipedia
Partial list of the world's indigenous / aboriginal / native people. Indigenous people are "those ethnic groups that were indigenous to a territory prior to being incorporated into a national state, and who are politically and culturally separate from the majority ethnic identity of the state that they are a part of". Wikipedia
Decolonization of the Americas refers to the process by which the countries in the Americas gained their independence from European rule. The first in the Americas, and the British defeat in the American Revolutionary War was a surprising victory against a great power. Wikipedia
Sentences forIndigenous peoples of the Americas
- Large numbers of indigenous Americans died in battle against the Spaniards during the conquest, while others died from various other causes.
- New York had been inhabited by tribes of Algonquian and Iroquoian-speaking Native Americans for several hundred years by the time the earliest Europeans came to New York.
- American Indians of successive cultures lived along the waterways of the Illinois area for thousands of years before the arrival of Europeans.
- The ill-fated colony was almost immediately disrupted by a fight over leadership, during which the slaves revolted and fled the colony to seek refuge among local Native Americans.
- About 10,000 years ago, migrating Indigenous Peoples settled in fertile valleys and coastal areas of what is present-day Chile.
- Florida is a reflection of influences and multiple inheritance; African, European, indigenous, Latino, and Asian heritages can be found in the architecture and cuisine.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Indigenous peoples of the Americas