Ethnic groups similar to or like Indo-Canadians
Indian Canadians are Canadians with ancestry from India. Wikipedia
South Asian Canadians ; ; are Canadians who were either born in or can trace their ancestry to South Asia, which includes the nations of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives. Subgroup of Asian Canadian and, according to Statistics Canada, can further be divided by nationality, such as Indian Canadian, Bangladeshi Canadian and Pakistani Canadian. Wikipedia
Designation used for people of full or partial sub-Saharan African descent, who are citizens or permanent residents of Canada. The majority of "Black" Canadians are of Caribbean origin, though the population also consists of African-American immigrants and their descendants (including Black Nova Scotians), as well as many native African immigrants. Wikipedia
- In Canada, Indo-Canadians are the second largest non-European ethnic group and one of the fastest growing ethnic communities in the country.
- Today temples, newspapers, radio stations, and markets cater to these large, multi-generational Indo-Canadian groups.
- Since 2017, the NDP has been led by Jagmeet Singh, who is the first Indo-Canadian to lead a major federal party in Canada.
- The logging industry of the 1970s brought many Indo-Canadians into the Kamloops area, mostly from the Punjab region of India.
- The top countries of birth for the newcomers living in Hamilton in the 1990s were: former Yugoslavia, Poland, India, China, the Philippines, and Iraq.
- Filipino Canadians are the third-largest Asian Canadian group in the nation after the Indian and Chinese communities.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Indo-Canadians